Main Menu

Exclusive!! You heard it here first!!!

Started by Fifty, 30 November, 2001, 03:19:49 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mk13

Thrud was a strip that used to run in White Dwarf - generally one-page stories, but the occasoinal longer one or series.

Thrud was essentially a piss-take of Conan the Barbarian, and was very acute and damn funny. Think I've still got the collected edition somewhere, but all the pages are falling out.

Can anyone remember if Critchlow wrote it as well as drwaing it?

Gobbledigook was also really cool, but I don't think that ever got collected.

fraston

"Thrud was a strip that used to run in White Dwarf - generally one-page stories, but the occasoinal longer one or series.

Thrud was essentially a piss-take of Conan the Barbarian, and was very acute and damn funny. Think I've still got the collected edition somewhere, but all the pages are falling out.

Can anyone remember if Critchlow wrote it as well as drwaing it? "

he certainly did. i remember the strip fondly, as twas an impulse buy about 10 years ago. having never read any conan or GW stuff at that point i was still easily enticed into it, as the humour trancended the injokiness that inspired it. I reckon.

I often thought he'd left the world of comics cos he stopped thrud, but now i discover 2000AD had used the feller, as well as dc. excellent.
F

O Lucky Stevie!

i'm with you there, fraston.

after my one year of working in a comic shop, if i ever ever see another Enterprise (tm) belt buckle I SHALL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE FOR MY ACTIONS.

you have been warned,

steven l'enfant terrible
"We'll send all these nasty words to Aunt Jane. Don't you think that would be fun?"