Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Robo-K33F

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 17 November, 2009, 11:19:43 AM
Quotealready! jeesh, fatalists or what

Well, y'know, 2k fans have had their hopes dashed before with promised figure ranges!

But here's hoping this is the one- I'll second a Gene the Hackman. And Sin/Dex. But most of all there's one series we want, and I'll spell it out to you- ABC.

3A will initially be tackling some of the older, classic characters.

Ashley's particularly keen on a certain group of robots...

Kev Levell

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 17 November, 2009, 12:29:46 PM
Droid life figurines! ;)

Richmond Clements

Quote from: His Lordship rac on 17 November, 2009, 11:19:43 AM
Quotealready! jeesh, fatalists or what

Well, y'know, 2k fans have had their hopes dashed before with promised figure ranges!

But here's hoping this is the one- I'll second a Gene the Hackman. And Sin/Dex. But most of all there's one series we want, and I'll spell it out to you- ABC.

3A will initially be tackling some of the older, classic characters.

Ekk! Messy pants!

James Stacey

Armoured Gideon and Armoured Jerubaal ? Awesome.

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: Teivion on 17 November, 2009, 10:25:53 AM
To the doomlords talking about it only lasting a few figures ( already! jeesh, fatalists or what), Ashley has a large fan base as an artist as well, so people buy his products as collectors of his work, not just because its WWR, Popbot, or 2000AD- so I cant see these being stuck on shelves in shops gathering dust..

You see Teivion we have had this before with figures (before I go on I shall inform you that I have been known to buy the odd 2000AD item now and again).
It doesn't matter how good the models are it will always depend on price for many fans. We just had a range of models that came out for £100+ and they died a death after the first release and they were superb.
We had the release at Birmingham of the 6 (with 2 variants) recation figures and they didn't sell out. I think it was a 2000 run and the price was very reasonable.
From there it just goes on.

Now believe me I want this to be the line that sells and just keeps giving but looking at past records and all that. Lets hope the fans come out in force and buy.

That is all ;)

Proudhuff

DDT did a job on me

COMMANDO FORCES

I don't want to give the game away, just yet ;)

M.I.K.

Quote from: Teivion on 17 November, 2009, 10:25:53 AM
To the doomlords...

Ooh! Imagine if someone made Doomlord toys! Highly unlikely to happen, but those'd be cool as owt. Heads you can swap round, energiser ring, a Butlins playset...

COMMANDO FORCES

A good time to release a range from this would be, oh I don't know, just before Christmas 2010. That way no family member of mine needs worry about what they can get me.
Seriously though that would be the time for optimum sales through the fans!

Mangamax

1/6th scale figures don't usually feature the gimmicks of their regular size action figure cousins but, if there is an ABC Warriors range, it'd be neat if each figure came with a part that with the full set builds into one of these two big boys:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Mike Gloady

ABCs?

Please, Tharg!  PLEASE let me have a Mek-Quake!
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

SmallBlueThing

"doomlords"? Wouldnt it have been great if the entirety of that strip had been servitor vek

SmallBlueThing

wandering around, pointing at stuff, going "neur, thats a bit crap" and "thatll never work". heh.

Gavin_Leahy_Block

I should be too old to be getting this excited about a few toys, but I just cant help myself.