Main Menu

2000 3D

Started by M.I.K., 28 November, 2009, 12:58:45 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mike Gloady

I think problems with one eye that aren't quite mirrored by the other might be a reason.  Magic Eye doesn't work for me either.  My problem is that one eye's long-sighted, the other short-sighted and while both are open at once, I tend to use whichever is most suited for whatever I'm looking at and don't see through the other.  Hence no 3D.  Wish it worked, it'd be cool to have a prog in 3D.
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

COMMANDO FORCES

You two get out of this city. Mutant Alert!

SmallBlueThing

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 28 November, 2009, 04:55:41 PM
Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 28 November, 2009, 04:44:04 PM

So give me that 3D goodness Thargybaby!

Fleetway experimented with it briefly in the 80s, trying it out in both Battle/Action Force and Eagle, of which the Cam Kennedy illustrated 'Scorpio' was the most successful, IMO, since Kennedy's perspective is usually faultless, and he appeared to understand the nature of what was being attempted and appeared to actively break the artwork down into planes, so that the 3D separations would really 'pop' ...

Cheers!

Jim

Yep, I remember it well. But I also remember the palpable excitement it generated at the time. I vividly remember EIGHT copies of the first 3D Eagle being passed around my art class as Mr White tried to get us to think about how it was actually done.

Mr White, by the way, used to letter Commando comics to subsidise his teaching income.

SBT

Mike Gloady

Mr White sounds Kool and the GANG!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 28 November, 2009, 08:50:49 PM
You two get out of this city. Mutant Alert!

Well if you insist i will fuck off then .

Gooodbye !
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Mike Gloady

It fucks with your depth perception, this eye thing.  Which means if I were to jokingly punch you in the face I might not pull it in time to save your face you anti-mutant bastard.

;p

COMMANDO FORCES

If you had bought the second CD in the new Dredd line you will know something extra about the mutant issue [spoiler]I'm not telling you everything but it involves the Justic Department and cover ups[/spoiler] so you don't really have to leave.

Mike Gloady

I'm saving the new audios for the new year.  Making sure i can afford to give neices and nephews a decent Christmas, innit?

Sounds intriguing though.  They all look pretty good.  And if I get all four of the new ones at once, I'll be well happy and plough through them in short order. 

James Stacey

I remember the Battle Action Force 3D. Used to stare at those for hours. Not sure if they did strips did they? I certainly remember star scan type full page affairs though.

Hoagy

Could it work in a extra novel with "The Meg"? One dedicated to 3D, like.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

satchmo

Me and Paul were going to do a 3D issue of Solar Wind at one point, we even priced up getting the glasses from our Free Gift pimps. I've still got the 3D episode of Griefbringer here somewhere...

Mike Carroll

Yay! Another opportunity to dredge this one out!

As found on my website: www.michaelowencarroll.com

-- Mike

dweezil2

I'd go for a one off 3D special issue of 2000ad, though I don't think I'd like it as a regular feature.
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Roger Godpleton

I'd like a 3D Sex Prog, with Clint offering us a zillion pages of photoshop boobs. It would be awesome.
He's only trying to be what following how his dreams make you wanna be, man!

JayzusB.Christ

That blazing world part of Black Dossier was a brain-wreck. Fucking glasses didn't fit too. 
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"