Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Phoenix comic  (Read 3139 times)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
Re: Phoenix comic
« Reply #15 on: 17 February, 2018, 09:15:10 am »
NECRO!

Anyway so what. I've been thinking about this for a while and finally bite the bullet and get the kids a subscription to The Phoenix and my gosh what a boon it is.

Only three issues into the sub and the kids are fighting over who gets to open it. I have to read it too them (no chore!) to stop the arguments on who gets to read it first.

Bloody wish Rebellion had the resource / whatever to get a nursey slopes version of 2000ad as this is great, my kids are so into a weekly dose of comics after only 3 weeks.

Oh and its a great comic too!

Professor Bear

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • Your Friends and Neighbors
« Reply #16 on: 17 February, 2018, 11:36:30 am »
Still going and will soon hit issue 320.  Not bad at all for a title aimed at kids who don't read - because vidya games and phones - and which has a subscription-based distribution model.  It also has those big and square-ish pages old progs used to have before they changed size to accommodate the US trade format, and the dimensions really helps the occasional double page spread come to life.

IndigoPrime

• Administrator
  • Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
    • http://www.craiggrannell.com
« Reply #17 on: 17 February, 2018, 12:07:57 pm »
Comics were never the problem. Bonkers business models were. On that scale, the high street is broadly broken (mags for kids mostly being tat and activity pages that can be endlessly recycled). On that basis alone, it’s great The Phoenix is doing well. As for Rebellion, it would be a colossal punt to enter that market, especially on the newsstands.

mrstu

• Sub Basement Sewer Unit
    • View Profile
« Reply #18 on: 16 April, 2018, 08:36:26 pm »
Its a great comic, the only bad thing about it is that it makes me wish there was more comics like this on the shelves.

sheridan

• Battle Hardened War Robot
    • View Profile
    • Wilde Wood
« Reply #19 on: 23 April, 2018, 01:38:34 am »
Comics were never the problem. Bonkers business models were. On that scale, the high street is broadly broken (mags for kids mostly being tat and activity pages that can be endlessly recycled). On that basis alone, it’s great The Phoenix is doing well. As for Rebellion, it would be a colossal punt to enter that market, especially on the newsstands.

Rebellion producing an all-ages comic?  They couldn't give it away ;-)

Colin YNWA

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
    • View Profile
« Reply #20 on: 27 April, 2018, 08:55:35 pm »
Well just bagged the first 100 (plus) issues from eBay in binders for less than a quid each including postage. I'M SO EXCITED...

... for the kids you understand, for the kids.

oshii

• Page Numbering Droid
    • View Profile
« Reply #21 on: 28 April, 2018, 11:02:36 pm »
Bunny Vs Monkey is bloody brilliant