Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Last game played...  (Read 144403 times)

Keef Monkey

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
Re: Last game played...
« Reply #2070 on: 21 May, 2018, 10:28:55 am »
Catching up on some DLC expansions for games I enjoyed, so played through the Frank Rising and Super Ultra Dead Rising 4 Mini-Golf expansions for Dead Rising 4 (good scrappy fun and the mini-golf is surprisingly addictive) and the Operation Spearbreaker and Awakening The Nightmare packs for Halo Wars 2, which were excellent. Awakening The Nightmare in particular has probably my favourite Halo Wars missions actually, some really intense moments and the mission variety was great, each one had a different wrinkle to think about.

The Enigmatic Dr X

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2071 on: 21 May, 2018, 08:11:00 pm »
Ooh. Just got Halo Wars 1 & 2 to play. Looking forward to it
Lock up your spoons!

Keef Monkey

• I knew you'd say that...
    • View Profile
    • POPOLAC
« Reply #2072 on: 22 May, 2018, 03:50:40 pm »
They're great! And I say that as someone who has never really clicked with the RTS genre, I've always been far too terrible at them but these were really accessible. That probably means that hardcore RTS folk might find them a bit shallow I guess, but they were pitched perfectly for me.

JamesC

• View Profile
« Reply #2073 on: 25 May, 2018, 07:25:00 pm »
Raiden V on PS4.
It’s very good - I like shmups as long as they aren’t totally based on pattern recognition and memorisation and this is a fun arcadey shooter.
My criticisms would be that it’s quite hard to see what’s going on and enemies & bullets don’t always stand out well enough. It’s interesting because, though I like the game, it isn’t really any improvement over  (actually it isn’t really as good as) the 25 year old titles I play on my Megadrive.
HDMI and the convenience of playing on the big telly from my sofa add value though.

I, Cosh

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #2074 on: 25 May, 2018, 09:59:52 pm »
The bendy purple laser from Raiden 2 is one of my all time favourites. Will need to give this a try.
We never really die.