Main Menu

Stay tuned, earthlets - exciting Dredd movie news ...

Started by Molch-R, 22 July, 2011, 12:56:36 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Psidude

Banners

Certainly gives them enough time to press "undo" on the 3D effects gizmo.

IAMTHESYSTEM

If 2012 is the end I'm going to spend my final moments,... well screaming frankly.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Waltev

Quote from: Psidude on 22 July, 2011, 10:14:32 AM
No blu-ray then ;)

No Blu-Ray but here's to hoping that what the Mayans predicted is the arrival of Death, Fire, Mortis, Fear + Phobia and Nausea... Hell of a 3-D Dredd experience.

Matt Timson

Honestly- moaners when there's no news- and moaners when there is.

Mulcher- you'll always be an overly tall twat*, but I salute your King Canute-like dedication to the job in the face of endless whining.

*Yes, I can call him that because we've known each other for a long time- and we're very nearly friends.
Pffft...

dweezil2

The other down side of the long wait is we're going to have to endure another year of "stubble on the chin", "the shoulder pads are too small" comments! :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

Michaelvk

Maybe somebody's hoping by then everyone would've forgotten about the thing all together and everyone would've gone and watched Judge Minty instead..
You have never felt pain until you've trodden barefoot on an upturned lego brick..

CraveNoir

At least Judge Minty will be out before it (hopefully)!

And there's more time to save up for a sudden flood of merchandise.

And... ummmm ... more 3D screens around (maybe!) to show it on, leading to more profit?

Its opening weekend competition is Sony's Hotel Transylvania, a CGI Adam Sandler flick in 3D, which may be competing for 3D screens.

Van Dom

Cool. I know what I'm doing for my birthday next year! Judge Dredd followed by a Jack Daniels grill in TGI fridays! Nothing like a bit of forward planning! :)
Van Dom! El Chivo! Bhuna! Prof T Bear! And More! All in Vanguard Edition Three, available now. Check the blog or FB page for details!

VANGUARD COMIC!

VANGUARD FACEBOOK PAGE!

Buttonman

I dunno, it's temping fate, what with the ageing readership - doubt half of us will be here next September - Commando Forces and Proudhuff already look halfway to the knacker's yard!

I'd rather they took their time and made it great rather than rush out some half baked turd. At least if it is rubbish it'll be fully baked. And it won't be, it'll be gem. You heard it here first.

JOE SOAP

Quote from: Buttonman on 22 July, 2011, 01:28:19 PMI dunno, it's temping fate, what with the ageing readership - doubt half of us will be here next September - Commando Forces and Proudhuff already look halfway to the knacker's yard!

...and even if the lads make it, will they even remember what Dredd is? Rumour is CF's been found wandering round the cellar at all-hours in the morning in his night-shirt looking for apple drops.

ED GRIMREAPER

I read on dailyblam.com that the sept 2012 date is for the US. Uk release, they state, is Dec 1st this year.

Steve Green

That does sound like utter bollocks.

Why release it in a small territory, allow it to get pirated (or even an official DVD release) and kill its US Box Office entirely?

blackmocco

Makes no sense. Even stinkers don't get US theatrical releases nine fucking months later. Dredd could have a stubbly baby by then!

I'm gonna take a wild guess and say Lionsgate probably wouldn't have left such a vital piece of information out of their official press release...
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

Buddy

That seems an awfully long time to wait.

Almost two years from when it started filming.

This strikes me as a bit odd and does not bode well.

Excitement levels have now dropped quite a bit.

Straight to DVD perhaps?