Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Colin YNWA

Well I've been meaning to do this for a while and hopefully its not too self indulgent and folk will join in. I always enjoy the 'Where dust goes to gather' thread... well most the time. Anyhoo I don't collect figures etc so don't join in and so while I've recently been taking photos of a lot of my comics to sell it off, I've been intending to start a thread showing off my collection (the bits I'm keeping) which if I'm honest I'm quite proud of so here we go.

At the bottom of the attic stairs we get two of the pieces of original art my wife lets me keep on public display

Then you go up the stairs to be greeted by an massive reproduction I did for a comic I self published a few years back. its rubbish but was always rather proud of this picture (after Alex Ross of all people)

To the left you get my superhero stuff, almost exclusively DC these days

To the right (where it would seem the world is out of focus!) you get my 2000ad stuff (and indies)

Finally some of the fat I'm trimming at the moment. Though to be fair there's a lot of my Marvel stuff there in those boxes that I'm actually keeping.)

So yeah you've seen mine so why don't you let us have a look at yours so we can see how big it is? I know some folk here have collections I'd die for and while most if us don't have enough to start a blog I'd love to see what exciting comic type stuff people do have.

Trout

Well done that man.

Sadly, I can't respond in kind as I'm boxing up a lot of stuff right now, in the hope of a house move. There's a lot of it, so I have to plan ahead.

- Trout

judda fett

Nice. Wish I had the space to do this though I will try and throw down here as soon as.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: King Trout on 26 July, 2011, 11:01:31 AM
Well done that man.

Sadly, I can't respond in kind as I'm boxing up a lot of stuff right now, in the hope of a house move. There's a lot of it, so I have to plan ahead.

- Trout

Arh but you could do a teaser showing the big piles of boxes?!?

Good look with the move

bluemeanie

GREGORY!!! fucking love that book. Me and the wife still randomly let rip with an "UP HAM!" now and again.

I'd pose pics of Meanie Towers but would get a bollocking due to the state the house is in. I'll see what I can sort though

COMMANDO FORCES

I'll do a tidy up and get round to post some pics of that room below me now and also the attic (that's where the overspill is)  :-[

James Stacey

I have boxes and boxes still unopened from my move but here is the (mostly) important stuff.
Top row is
Dredd Casefiles, Dredd Casefiles and GNs, Annuals, other Rebellion GNs, Random chaff
2nd row is
Elfquest Gns, Elfquest Comics, Elfquest Comics, Elfquest GNs, Random GNs
3rd row
Random RPGs, Rolemaster RPGs, Best of 2000AD, JD megazines, JD megazines,
bottom 2 rows are 2000ADs. Run out of space though and they are starting to stack up

SmallBlueThing

I'd post on this thread, but then you'd all think i live in steptoe's yard, and pull me up on why my comics have feather boas, tiny bejewelled panties and elaboate bras, nipple tassles and headdresses draped over them.
So i wont.
SBT

Colin YNWA

Quote from: bluemeanie on 26 July, 2011, 02:34:09 PM
GREGORY!!! fucking love that book. Me and the wife still randomly let rip with an "UP HAM!" now and again.

Should say the reason that is out where it is. It was up for sale (first three books) and no one was interested (dirt cheap to). This turned out to be a massive relief as I realised flicking through it how great it was. It ain't going for re-sale!

Colin YNWA

Quote from: SmallBlueThing on 26 July, 2011, 03:28:15 PM
I'd post on this thread, but then you'd all think i live in steptoe's yard, and pull me up on why my comics have feather boas, tiny bejewelled panties and elaboate bras, nipple tassles and headdresses draped over them.
So i wont.
SBT

Now ya see this was exactly the type of thing I was after seeing. Burlesque comics, its a young nerds dream.

mogzilla

most of my stuff is buried in a chest in the wardrobe  :( with a few selected out within easy reach and mini mogz wont be leaving home for many years yet so they have to remain in there.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: James Stacey on 26 July, 2011, 02:59:28 PM
I have boxes and boxes still unopened from my move but here is the (mostly) important stuff.
Top row is
Dredd Casefiles, Dredd Casefiles and GNs, Annuals, other Rebellion GNs, Random chaff
2nd row is
Elfquest Gns, Elfquest Comics, Elfquest Comics, Elfquest GNs, Random GNs
3rd row
Random RPGs, Rolemaster RPGs, Best of 2000AD, JD megazines, JD megazines,
bottom 2 rows are 2000ADs. Run out of space though and they are starting to stack up

This is one of the things that reminded me to do this thread. I saw it on the other dusty thread and thought it looked great.

radiator

Just spent the morning setting up my new bookshelf - it's pretty immense:

My graphic novels now take up 4 shelves as opposed to the entire bookcase!

Behold the SHELF OF DREDD:

James Stacey

Cor that neat. Looks like a waterstones display (assuming they had a good stock of Rebellion trades that is)

No Judgement on Gotham ? ;)

Proudhuff

I still have a number of boxes to unpack after the recent move, but have ran out of shelve space already!! will have to purge the hardback and political stuff, my dime store PK Dick will remain however!!   
DDT did a job on me