Main Menu

Where the dust goes to gather - comics variant

Started by Colin YNWA, 25 July, 2011, 08:46:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Size, colour then subject its the only way! puts empty glass unside down on the bar in an Aussie manner.
DDT did a job on me

TordelBack

Quote from: Trout on 07 April, 2014, 01:18:52 AM
We defend your right to choose your own path.

Speak for yourself.  I think permitting or even condoning this practice undermines the value of conventional filing, and could lead to the moral disintegration of nerd society.

Proudhuff

yeah! Troutie is yet to post pics of his basement  :o
DDT did a job on me

CrazyFoxMachine

SIZE THEN ALPHABET. COLOUR HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH IT.

LORD PALMERSTON.

8-Ball

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 April, 2014, 12:04:13 PM

Speak for yourself.  I think permitting or even condoning this practice undermines the value of conventional filing, and could lead to the moral disintegration of nerd society.

I've always been unconventional. Poor lone-wolf me. How I've arranged my CD and DVD collection would turn your shit white. :lol:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

TordelBack

Quote from: Eightball on 10 April, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

I've always been unconventional. Poor lone-wolf me. How I've arranged my CD and DVD collection would turn your shit white. :lol:

It's not what people do in the privacy of their own homes that I object to, although obviously it's the product of a failed upbringing, possibly one where the father wasn't on the scene and the mother lacked the moral supports required to maintain discipline, it's when they feel the need to parade their deviance in front of ordinary people and expect us to applaud them for what is basically an aberration.

The worst of it is that they can go into a shop and buy comics as if they were going to be able to give them a normal spine-friendly home.

8-Ball

Quote from: TordelBack on 10 April, 2014, 05:21:35 PM
Quote from: Eightball on 10 April, 2014, 05:06:22 PM

It's not what people do in the privacy of their own homes that I object to, although obviously it's the product of a failed upbringing, possibly one where the father wasn't on the scene and the mother lacked the moral supports required to maintain discipline, it's when they feel the need to parade their deviance in front of ordinary people and expect us to applaud them for what is basically an aberration.

The worst of it is that they can go into a shop and buy comics as if they were going to be able to give them a normal spine-friendly home.

TordelBack, I have had a really bad day (personal, family crap) and your comment actually made me guffaw. Cheers. :lol:

Trout

Sadly, my basement has not changed. Getting to grips with the Canadian tax system has meant we have taken care not to commit to spending on home improvements, including shelving. It will happen, but not for a little while.

When it does, I plan to invent a suitably weird and complex system of arranging my collection. You buggers deserve to have your minds melted!

Frank

Quote from: Trout on 11 April, 2014, 01:06:06 AM
the Canadian tax system has meant we have taken care not to commit to spending on home improvements, including shelving

If you're worried that the sight of a basement lined with comics and collectable figurines might make your home more attractive to prospective buyers and increase the resale value of your property, I can set your mind at ease.

Proudhuff

Sadly, my basement has not changed. Getting to grips with the Canadian tax system has meant we have taken care not to commit to spending on home improvements, including shelving. It will happen, but not for a little while.

When it does, I plan to invent a suitably weird and complex system of arranging my collection. You buggers deserve to have your minds melted!

You MUST have put your boxes in some sort of order dammit!
DDT did a job on me

Andrew_J

Quote from: Proudhuff on 11 April, 2014, 03:59:35 PM

We seriously need to get to the bottom of this "how you organise your TPBs" issue, so I've set up a survey which I'd appreciate if you'd all complete. I'll present the findings at the next AGM.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LY2RFVV

Fungus

I may put my place on the market but place all books spine-inwards for viewings just to see the reactions.

Trout

Nope. All still in boxes.

8-Ball

Quote from: afjudge on 11 April, 2014, 05:36:34 PM

We seriously need to get to the bottom of this "how you organise your TPBs" issue, so I've set up a survey which I'd appreciate if you'd all complete. I'll present the findings at the next AGM.
https://www.surveymonkey.com/s/LY2RFVV

I have completed your survey. When all is said and done I think that we can all agree that my way is the best way. :P

Trout

I also completed the survey. I am disappointed that it lacked the option "Byzantine combination of factors that it would take too long to explain".