Main Menu

What's everyone listening to...?

Started by Gonk, 01 February, 2012, 09:53:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

judgeblake

I kid you not- the other day I ran 10km (on a treadmill mind) and all I listened to was Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark on repeat lol

SMUDGE10

Springsteen fans might wanna try the Gaslight Anthem (if you haven't already!). Kinda Springsteen filtered through the Clash .....and MUCH the better for it IMHO! :D

ME; Bad religion and the Alkaline Trio mostly. With a bit of Chet Baker for a change of mood on those late dark nights.
"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens

Frank

exilewood

I got this guitar & I learned how to make it talk.

Martin Jameson

Quote from: judgeblake on 17 July, 2012, 08:50:06 PM
I kid you not- the other day I ran 10km (on a treadmill mind) and all I listened to was Bruce Springsteen's Dancing in the Dark on repeat lol

Now this is the sort of thing I would do (maybe with out the treadmill though). Fucking love Springsteen.

In case anyone missed my Facebook post, I was at that epic gig Saturday when they switched the bloody mics off. Bastards.

Frank

judgeblake

Quote from: Light Surfer on 17 July, 2012, 10:47:52 PM
Quote from: judgeblake on 17 July, 2012, 08:50:06 PM

Now this is the sort of thing I would do (maybe with out the treadmill though). Fucking love Springsteen.

In case anyone missed my Facebook post, I was at that epic gig Saturday when they switched the bloody mics off. Bastards.

lol it's cliched and cheesy..and I am putting on an uber-american accent when I type this, but I was in the zone lol sometimes when I dont want to run - I need a song that is in beat with the pace I'm running at, and that day it was Springsteens Dancing in the Dark lol

Can't believe they pulled the plug on Springsteen with McCartney on stage too.

JPMaybe

Quote from: SMUDGE10 on 17 July, 2012, 08:59:28 PM
Springsteen fans might wanna try the Gaslight Anthem (if you haven't already!). Kinda Springsteen filtered through the Clash .....and MUCH the better for it IMHO! :D

ME; Bad religion and the Alkaline Trio mostly. With a bit of Chet Baker for a change of mood on those late dark nights.

What did you reckon to The Dissent of Man?
Quote from: Butch on 17 January, 2015, 04:47:33 PM
Judge Death is a serial killer who got turned into a zombie when he met two witches in the woods one day...Judge Death is his real name.
-Butch on Judge Death's powers of helmet generation

SMUDGE10

Quote from: JPMaybe on 18 July, 2012, 02:06:53 PM
Quote from: SMUDGE10 on 17 July, 2012, 08:59:28 PM

What did you reckon to The Dissent of Man?

I didn't buy it so hard to be sure. I listened to it a couple of times and thought it sounded OK but weaker than the last two (New Maps and Empire) which I love.

Do you rate it?

"That which can be asserted without evidence, can be dismissed without evidence."
― Christopher Hitchens

Frank

... Public Enemy's Chuck D interviewed by Richard Bacon, which in terms of my own personal mythology is like Buddha manifesting on The One Show. The interview's only eight minutes long, and Mista Chuck was only on the show to promote IceT's forthcoming hip hop documentary Something From Nothing (which I'm very excited about) and the show they're doing with Melle Mel and Raekwon at the Hammersmith Apollo- which includes a screening of the film and a Q & A.

(YO) BUM RUSH THE SHOW  (52m 40s)

I, Cosh

The Art of Rap is showing at Cineworld tomorrow night but it appears to be a one-off and stupidly expensive (£13.50) into the bargain.
We never really die.

I, Cosh

AH. NOw I've clicked the irritating red bits it makes more sense.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 July, 2012, 09:38:12 PM
The Art of Rap is showing at Cineworld tomorrow night but it appears to be a one-off and stupidly expensive (£13.50) into the bargain.

Given the price, maybe it's in 3D, Cosh. Living as I do in a cultural desert, I'm going to have to make a day out of a trip to Glasgow or Edinburgh to see it.

Quote from: The Cosh on 18 July, 2012, 09:45:34 PM
AH. NOw I've clicked the irritating red bits it makes more sense.

Of course your bits are red and irritated if you keep clicking on them. Mittens for you, m'boy.