Main Menu

Ebay watch.

Started by maryanddavid, 14 May, 2012, 12:21:40 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

hippynumber1

Paul Marshall's been putting some pretty good one offs up for sale at £20 in case no one's spotted them! There's a stunner on there at the mo...

Hegel

Not 100% on topic perhaps (I'd say about 95% though) but I can't find a better thread to ask this.

Where do you good folk get your original comic art from? I have a small but proud collection I wish to expand upon but everything has come from ebay, are there other places?

I thank you

Spikes

There is a dedicated 'Original Art' thread on here somewhere, which is always good to visit. Occasionally people offer bits for sale on there.
Best places would be E-Bay itself. Some good bits have turned up on there, and sites like the excellant ComicArtFans or Artdroids are good places to look, amongst others.

Spikes

a chosen rider

Wow.  Anyone fancy buying a copy of case files 4 for £50.01?  What a deal!

:o
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Greg M.

Quote from: a chosen rider on 30 June, 2012, 07:30:56 PM
Wow.  Anyone fancy buying a copy of case files 4 for £50.01?  What a deal!

What's even more worrying is that it says four have already been sold. Who are these four crazed souls who were so desperate to get their hands on 'Synthi-Caff Vindilu' that they paid such extortionate rates?

Colin YNWA

Especially when you consider its available from less than a tenner from one seller on Amazon and still in stock at Bookdep. You'd think people would check this type of thing out!

Skullmo

If you click the sold link you can see the others sold for approx £12. Still over priced but aye.
It's a joke. I was joking.

a chosen rider

Poking about in that seller's negative feedback, it seems like they're not even selling items they own, just taking orders and then buying the item from Amazon to be sent direct to the buyer through Amazon's gift service.  Pocketing the extra money they charged above the Amazon price, of course.  Wow.
On Twitter @devilsfootsteps

Skullmo

Quote from: a chosen rider on 30 June, 2012, 11:06:10 PM
Poking about in that seller's negative feedback, it seems like they're not even selling items they own, just taking orders and then buying the item from Amazon to be sent direct to the buyer through Amazon's gift service.  Pocketing the extra money they charged above the Amazon price, of course.  Wow.

Ebay middlemanagement - now THAT is thinking!
It's a joke. I was joking.

maryanddavid

There is a lot of nice Patrick Goddard pages on ebay now, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Original-comic-art-Savage-/271010109678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f197618ee

Cash is a bit tight but Id love to get one, I got one for my birthday last year, and its class.

Emperor

Quote from: maryanddavid on 08 July, 2012, 12:24:18 PM
There is a lot of nice Patrick Goddard pages on ebay now, http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/2000AD-Original-comic-art-Savage-/271010109678?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3f197618ee

Cash is a bit tight but Id love to get one, I got one for my birthday last year, and its class.

Ooo there are some lovely pages from that rather fine Armitage/Dredd story from the Meg.
if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

hippynumber1

First time I've seen 'em; they're a little bit cool!  :lol: