Main Menu

DREDD CONCEPT ART

Started by JOE SOAP, 08 September, 2012, 01:56:05 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

Quote from: MR. ELIMINATOR on 13 September, 2012, 08:05:02 PM
They should use that top one in the sequel if they do go into the cursed earth, looks like it could handle rough terrain better.

MR. ELIMINATOR

Haha ok, scrap that. The lawbuggy it is!

IAMTHESYSTEM

Wonderful work. You can see how the artist began with something real shotgun/motorbike etc and created from it a design realistic enough to fit into the futuristic world of Judge Dredd.

You can even see a little evolution in the designs ie: the shoulder pads.
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

SuperSurfer

AFAIAC that lawgiver 1 is the version I will draw from now on (don't hold me to that).

Always preferred it all black/dk grey.

Hairwolf

Beautiful stuff...loving the cityscapes, wasn't too much deviation from page to screen either, except to strip it down a little further than the concepts.
A talented crew for this film indeed.

QuickQuag

Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2012, 07:56:55 PM
I want that top one.

Not if (as pictured) it removes my feet I don't  :lol:
The views above are entirely my own. And there's the problem.

judge devs

I really hope that put together a nice shiny high gloss book of all of this.

JOE SOAP

If the film is successful Lionsgate might do that.

judge devs

Well looks like it's going to do good business in the UK so hopefully we'll get one. We all know the score with the $50M box office needed in the States to get a sequel, but I've been seeing things about the apparent weak advertising in the States despite all the very positive reviews and feedback it's been getting. You'd think the reaction at San Diego Comic Con would tip off the distributers that the massive comic and sci-fi crowd in the US were very keen on this movie. I'm hoping this isn't true or turns out to be an issue.

Albion

Quote from: QuickQuag on 14 September, 2012, 10:54:32 AM
Quote from: JOE SOAP on 13 September, 2012, 07:56:55 PM
I want that top one.

Not if (as pictured) it removes my feet I don't  :lol:

I think the Judge is just standing back a bit. if you could see his feet he would have very long legs.
Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

Fisticuffs

LOVE the alternative Lawmaster on that site, nice find! :)

Hairwolf

I wonder how much variance there was from the start of pre-viz to the point they were ready to go?
Were there concepts that leaned closer to the mc1 of the comics. These would suggest they had a very concrete idea of what they wanted from early on.
Only the shot from outside the wall on the previous page looks like they might've had a stab at the packed with crazy architecture style from the strip.

James Stacey

Last time I saw brutalist architecture like that was in Gateshead :)

Goaty

Quote from: James Stacey on 14 September, 2012, 03:51:12 PM
Last time I saw brutalist architecture like that was in Gateshead :)

Both are gone now.  :D