Main Menu

Get Fact!

Started by karne, 10 January, 2003, 07:19:51 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

karne

It has come to my attention that many of the boarders are suggesting that my posts are trivial, off the wall and not to be taken seriously. I have decided to rectify this point of view by enlightening you all with a fact a day, hence the title of this thread. I intend to post a new fact for you every day for as long as I'm here, but in actuality until I get bored of it sometime next week. Here is the first of those facts:

Some snakes can grow up to 30 feet, however they do not use them as they find it easier to slither about on their bellies.

Devons Daddy

huge amounts of applause from sino cit for that impressive fact.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Bolt-01

Saves on the cost of socks too.

rotts

Queen Firey-Bou

Karne do you want a hand getting back on the wall? i can't help cos I'm short & fell off it myself shortly after birth, but I'm sure theres some sensible people around here might help ?

JimBob

Karne just to let you know the "Whats up Drokk" story was one of the funniest things I've readin ages.

Jim

Malchidiel

Are we allowed to include our own facts?

Cos if so, here's mine:

A dwarf dropped in a barrel of cider will bounce up and down continually.

Devons Daddy

FACT
if you inform the service staff about the way the food should be prepared. he WILL inform the chef.
and try as you might you will never be able to recreate that flavour yourself at home.
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

judda fett

Another Snake fact: My friend has a snake and its poo looks and smells like a dogs doings.

karne

Ernest Rutherford discovered how to split the atom while carving the Sunday roast. He slipped with the knife and accidentally cut into an atom he had left by the side of the plate.

karne

To date, everyone who has appeared on "Who Wants to be a Millionaire" has been related to Chris Tarrant. After the show they are forced to return any money they have won.

James

And here's another one

Two wrongs don't make a right...
But three lefts do.

Thankyouthatwillbeall

James

Malchidiel

And another.....

There are 274 ways to spell illiterate

karne

"Karne just to let you know the "Whats up Drokk" story was one of the funniest things I've read in ages.

Jim"

Cheers JimBob, but I can't take any credit for it as I merely found it in a bin ;)

JimBob

Strange but True?
From the Bumper Book of Pagan Knowledge:

"The name Slaine is properly  pronounced  ee-ann While the correct way of saying Niamh is Tray-see"

karne

Robert De Niro is well known for his "method acting" in fact while rehearsing the role of Dwight Hansen in the film "This Boy's Life", he brutally kicked the sh*t out of Leonardo De Caprio everyday until he felt he had mastered the part.