Main Menu

Button Man TV Show

Started by JOE SOAP, 01 January, 2016, 03:20:05 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

JOE SOAP

From Arthur Ranson's website:

John Wagner and I have just agreed a contract with Warner Television. This will allow them, via their subsidiary company 'Bad Robot', to make a pilot based on the first Button Man story 'The Killing Game'.

http://www.arthurranson.com/blog/tv-button-man

COMMANDO FORCES

Should be interesting to see how they handle this and I hope it comes off for the creators and the fans alike!

Colin YNWA

Well, well well. I thought I'd heard of Bad Robot and had seem the name somewhere recently so looked them up.... they have quite the track record for big genra productions now don't they!

Button Man always seemed rip for conversation so lets hope it all goes well for John and Arthur.

PsychoGoatee

Beautiful news! A really solid company in Bad Robot, adapting a really really great book to make a series out of, by the best writer. (And Arthur is great too of course)

I hope this makes it to series, and either way, hope I get to see this pilot!

TordelBack

Here's hoping this leads to a Kirkman-sized truckload of cash bring driven to Wagner and Ranson's doors.  Both men deserve nothing less. And damn the consequences.

Tjm86

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 January, 2016, 06:59:59 AM
... they have quite the track record for big genra productions now don't they!

They did Lost and Alias mind.

IAMTHESYSTEM

Good news on the first day of a new year. That's always welcome. Hopeful the Button Man Pilot, if successful will generate more interest in toothy properties.   
"You may live to see man-made horrors beyond your comprehension."

http://artriad.deviantart.com/
― Nikola Tesla

Steve Green

Great news - hope it all does well creatively and financially for Arthur and John.

Heath C Ackley

"Give a man a mask and he will give you the truth."

sheridan

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 January, 2016, 06:59:59 AM
Well, well well. I thought I'd heard of Bad Robot and had seem the name somewhere recently so looked them up.... they have quite the track record for big genra productions now don't they!
Yes, they've got a film out at the moment - currently pulling in an average of about $100 million a day for the last couple of weeks...
QuoteButton Man always seemed rip for conversation so lets hope it all goes well for John and Arthur.
Ditto from me.

Judge Nutmeg

good news but I doubt it will be faithful to the original series

JayzusB.Christ

I can't say I'm looking forward to it too much - I don't see how they can get much mileage out of some Scotch lad doing drawings on Microsoft Paint and banging on about writing letters to Tharg.
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

TordelBack

Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 January, 2016, 08:35:38 PM
I can't say I'm looking forward to it too much - I don't see how they can get much mileage out of some Scotch lad doing drawings on Microsoft Paint and banging on about writing letters to Tharg.

They can offset the cost of the foreign travel segments with repeated use of the same hospital set. And the wardrobe requirements are very limited.

Tiplodocus

Quote from: Tordelback on 02 January, 2016, 08:41:11 PM
Quote from: JayzusB.Christ on 02 January, 2016, 08:35:38 PM

They can offset the cost of the foreign travel segments with repeated use of the same hospital set. And the wardrobe requirements are very limited.

But the catering costs will be horrific.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and ace news.

Plus I enjoyed both LOST and ALIAS as well as lots of the other output.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!