Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: The Immortal Hulk #1 by Al Ewing  (Read 174 times)

robert_ellis

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
The Immortal Hulk #1 by Al Ewing
« on: 16 June, 2018, 03:41:56 pm »
I read 2000ad every week and find it hard to get excited by other comics. I get blinded by the sheer number of variant covers, crossovers & reboots. Behind an Alex Ross cover is this horror take on the Jolly Green Giant. There’s no continuity - hear as I’ve not read a Hulk comic before. It’s bloody good though - strong art & story. It’s Al Ewing but not the craziness I expected from the Zombo-king. Try it but don’t flick through first. There’s a couple of page turns that are to die for!

AlexF

• Prog Stacking Droid
    • View Profile
Re: The Immortal Hulk #1 by Al Ewing
« Reply #1 on: 18 June, 2018, 02:17:29 pm »
I am just about hanging on to a handful of Marvel titles every month, but am almost ready to ditch the lot. Reckon I'll have to give Ewing's Hulk a chance, though! Thanks for the recommendation

Greg M.

• Battle Hardened War Robot
  • I do mermaid alertness course.
    • View Profile
    • The Beat of His Own Drum
Re: The Immortal Hulk #1 by Al Ewing
« Reply #2 on: 18 June, 2018, 03:42:48 pm »
It's a good start - the idea of bringing Hulk back to his horror roots is definitely better than anything that's been done with him in the last few years. I wasn't blown away by it, but it clearly has potential, and I prefer it to virtually all Ewing's other Marvel work. It'll be interesting to see where Ewing goes with the idea that Banner can be temporarily killed, but will rise again as a vengeance-seeking Hulk.