Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

don wiskerando

Quote from: castle4 on 14 April, 2024, 05:41:03 PMContents of Issue 173 Scarlet Traces vol 2

Prog 1988-1999,2023-2034,2126-2138,2250-2261.

That being Scarlet Traces right up to date doesn't it?

If so, that means we still have an unknown at volume 176.

IndigoPrime

Born Bad just arrived from FP. Not an empty box! My replacement books from Hachette are reportedly on the way tomorrow. Fingers crossed...

EDIT: And they're here. This time, someone decided to send the four heavy books in a cardboard box. They even wrapped a bit of crushed brown paper around them, so they didn't move about too much. Blimey!

moly

Thinking of cancelling when we get to 180 space is starting to be an issue and fatigue after god knows how many years, anyone got any ideas of what the last extension could have that would make it worth continuing to the bitter end

moly

Just realised it's over 10 years since the judge dredd mega collection started to be released no wonder I'm running out of space

IndigoPrime

I dropped out at 111 and have cherry picked since. My completist itch will no doubt continue to nag at me about that, but it is what it is. That said, if I was still subscribing now, I think I'd see it out to the end. Although I do feel the pain of the lack of space brigade. (I need to start reading and filtering the books on our main bookshelves, because I'm out of space there now. One in, one out is my future.)

moly

If been doing that having off loaded over 200 graphic novels and still lacking space

Tomwe

Quote from: moly on 17 April, 2024, 11:46:58 AMJust realised it's over 10 years since the judge dredd mega collection started to be released no wonder I'm running out of space

Not quiet as The Mega Collection was January 2015 (though I suppose it might have been test-run in 2014).

And yes, as someone who bought that collection as well as Transformers and Batman, my shelves are all but spent.

Proudhuff

Quote from: moly on 17 April, 2024, 12:08:45 PMIf been doing that having off loaded over 200 graphic novels and still lacking space

I'm not doing this collection but am still having shelf space probs too. Have done a first sweep of novels I won't read again or CBA (can't be arsed) reading anew. Unfortunately I've inherited my brother's library and there's a good couple of shelf loads I'd like to keep! And my comic pile is boxed under the bed awaiting purging too  :crazy:

Luckily my progs and Megazines find a good home
DDT did a job on me

Doomlord66

Quote from: Tomwe on 17 April, 2024, 01:28:00 PM
Quote from: moly on 17 April, 2024, 11:46:58 AMJust realised it's over 10 years since the judge dredd mega collection started to be released no wonder I'm running out of space

Not quiet as The Mega Collection was January 2015 (though I suppose it might have been test-run in 2014).

And yes, as someone who bought that collection as well as Transformers and Batman, my shelves are all but spent.

I'm totally out of room, I got the JD collection, 2000ad collection (upto 140, now just cherry picking), Batman collection ( Inc. all specials + extras). That's on top of the rebellion trade pbks collected, all the JD, SD, RT, ND and Slaine sets, single editions and Battle Picture Weekly related editions.

I suppose I could sell off the rebellion trades as they're probably duplicated but I do like them still.

Towers, did you get all the Batman sub specials?

IndigoPrime

I've done a few culls when it comes to duplication. So 20+ Case Files went, although I kept the four Restricted Files. All my phone books went. Hellboy paperbacks too, when I got the Library editions. Usagi trades are in the garage, awaiting a buyer, now I have the series in HC.

I have got a few things in multiple places (over and above having the original comics), and I suspect even though I now own the Hachette Scarlet Traces I may well keep my lovely DH His of the first three arcs. But, yeah, space is as ever a problem, and choices will soon have to be made.

On the UC itself, I've been reading bits of Born Bad over the past couple of evenings. It's been really interesting and surprising. I recall not engaging with this at the time, but out of the seven takes, I thought five of them were really strong. (I was not at all keen on the 'manga' one, nor the weird convention satire.) Also, on re-reading Born Bad, I like that even more than I did the first time round. The two one-offs were quite fun too.

Tomwe

Quote from: Doomlord66 on 17 April, 2024, 08:16:30 PMTowers, did you get all the Batman sub specials?
I'm gonna assume that's meant for me - yes I got most of them. I sold on the Master Race Premium as I wasn't interested. Such a shame that Eaglemoss went bust.