Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Arkady

Card payment moved forward by two days for me. No sign that I've been charged for the covers book though.

Arkady

...and issues 18-19 just delivered, five days earlier than last month.

Mattofthespurs

I've literally just had issues 19 & 20 delivered.

sintec

Quote from: Arkady on 04 June, 2018, 10:43:18 AM
Card payment moved forward by two days for me. No sign that I've been charged for the covers book though.

Exactly the same situation here.  Although I was told last week that it had been dispatched under separate cover on the same day as issues 19 & 20.  Seems odd they'd dispatch something without taking the money, guess I'll just have to wait and see what drops through the letterbox.

moogie101

IndigoPrime

Mine arrived also. Covers book showed up separately.

sintec

I have covers book but no 19 & 20, suspect those will probably show up shortly.

Covers book came with a nice confusing letter/invoice telling me to pay £0.00 online and they'll send the next despatch once they've received it.  It also offerred to get me my next issuses quicker if I paid by DD (which I already do).  I thought the covers issues were extra not freebies? 

IndigoPrime

Covers are extra. I suspect they'll get around to charging people eventually.  And the subs were supposed to be "pushed" in their words, but haven't been.

Dark Jimbo

Well, vol.21 is that rarest of things - something I haven't read! Ace Trucking Co. has managed to remain a rare but significant gap in my Tooth reading (at least when it comes to the real classics). Really looking forward to getting stuck in properly - if nothing else Massimo's art looks sublime, and the repro all looks tip-top.

It includes everything up to and including Too Many Bams, minus Hell's Pocket (the Ian Gibson-drawn story). It also has a two-page colour glossary at the back of the afterword (presumably the one from prog 232...?) which is a nice touch.
@jamesfeistdraws

abelardsnazz

Quote from: Dark Jimbo on 05 June, 2018, 07:33:06 PM
Well, vol.21 is that rarest of things - something I haven't read! Ace Trucking Co. has managed to remain a rare but significant gap in my Tooth reading (at least when it comes to the real classics). Really looking forward to getting stuck in properly - if nothing else Massimo's art looks sublime, and the repro all looks tip-top.

It includes everything up to and including Too Many Bams, minus Hell's Pocket (the Ian Gibson-drawn story). It also has a two-page colour glossary at the back of the afterword (presumably the one from prog 232...?) which is a nice touch.

Don't think I knew before that Ian Gibson had drawn an Ace story, I had assumed it was all Massimo until the recent revival. Be interested to see that one.

Page count of remaining stories for volume 2 would suggest everything up to and including The Croakside Trip, omitting The Doppelgarp and The Garpetbaggers. I remember chuckling at those stories and the likes of Al Capon and Rooster Cogburn, but maybe I've got those rose-tinted glasses on again as they did go on a bit. Looking forward to reading volume 1.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 June, 2018, 07:30:08 AM
Page count of remaining stories for volume 2 would suggest everything up to and including The Croakside Trip, omitting The Doppelgarp and The Garpetbaggers.

That seems to be the natural point for the split, doesn't it? Hopefully with the Annual stories included, too (I have seen a few colour pages of Stowaway Lugjacker online and oh my goodness it's gorgeous)...
@jamesfeistdraws

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: abelardsnazz on 06 June, 2018, 07:30:08 AM
Don't think I knew before that Ian Gibson had drawn an Ace story, I had assumed it was all Massimo until the recent revival. Be interested to see that one.

I think there was a postal strike somewhere that affected Massimo's ability to get pages in, so one story was drawn by Gibson, either under his Emberton or Q. Twerk pseudonym — memory fails me and i'm too lazy to Google...!
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dark Jimbo

Under his own name, apparently - and doing a pretty creditable (but not slavish) Belardinelli impression -
@jamesfeistdraws

Tomwe

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 June, 2018, 11:22:56 AM
Well, that's  another concern. Don't piss off your subscribers because they will stop subscribing. That is a major problem for a partwork – or any niche title. They should be doing their best to get subscriptions back on track. Instead, they appear to be saying one thing and doing another.
Not wishing to put the cat amongst the pigeons on subs any more, but I've now encountered two subscribers who got Ace & Kenny this week instead of Dante & Stront. Neither missed a delivery in March either. Which makes me wonder if pushing hard could get a double-ship such as IndigoPrime did with JDMC in order to catch up.

IndigoPrime

So those two subscribers are fully up to date?