Main Menu

2000 AD - The Ultimate Collection

Started by Molch-R, 27 February, 2017, 06:03:27 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

sintec

Quote from: moly on 01 July, 2018, 03:20:26 PM
Hatchett site is finally showing as 22nd for next issues payment etc so hopefully not long now

I PM'd them on FB earlier this week and they confirmed the same.  They completely ignored my query about any updates to the schedule.

IndigoPrime

Subscribers should probably resign themselves to there not being any updates to the schedule. It's clearly not going to happen at any point.

Tomwe

Quote from: sintec on 01 July, 2018, 01:52:34 PM
Some more new covers up on Forbidden Planet:
Great stuff! Strange that this updated on a Sunday, tho I suppose is 1st July if that has any significance.

Jade Falcon

I'd still like to know for sure what Savage we're going to get, as I have the two Savage softcovers and Invasion already but I know the story has carried on significantly further.  However Rebellion haven't printed any more collected ones so I doubt that Hachette will.
When the truth offends, we lie and lie until we can no longer remember it is even there, but it is still there. Every lie we tell incurs a debt to the truth. Sooner or later, that debt is paid. That is how an RBMK reactor core explodes. Lies. - Valery Legasov

rs_jr

What sinister / dexter stories were printed in floppies?

Is there a listing of all the judge dredd magazine floppies and there content?

Where i do i buy past floppies?

I am hoping after i get the ultimate collection sinister / dexter volumes i can continue the story in floppies,  i hear good things about this strip and really want to read it.

Magnetica

The floppies are listed on the Judge Dredd Megazine Wikipedia page. If you buy back issues of the Megazine they come with the floppies (e.g from the 2000AD online shop).

rs_jr

rs_jr

I am cherry picking and in regards to:

ABC warriors is it better to just pick up the complete ro busters and the mek files instead of the 2000 ad ultimate collection of the abc warriors?

thanks

sintec

Well we know that the Ro-Busters stuff won't be in the Ultimate Collection so if you want it all you'll need to buy that one separately

Magnetica

I seem to remember reading somewhere that the reproduction of SMS's art on the Black Hole has been cleaned up for the Mega Collection and so it should look better than the Mek Files.

I have the original Progs and the Mek Files and that isn't enough to justify another purchase for me.

BTW just to be clear the Ro-Busters stuff Is in the Nut and Bolts book, not the Mek Files. Vol1 includes the Starlord stuff - which is ace IMO.

sintec

Yeah no Starlord stuff in the Ultimate Collection either.   If you want that you'll have to go the Mek Files route I guess

rs_jr

yes i was thinking of collecting both nut and bolts volumes and the mek files instead of the 2000ad ultimate collection of the abc warriors

IndigoPrime

Having just compared volumes, the change to the SMS art is noticeable. In the Mek Files, there's much less nuance, and a lot of the greyscale is lost. That said, Mek Files 01 includes the complete Black Hole, rather than just stopping part-way through. (It's also a really lovely book.)

Magnetica

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 02 July, 2018, 03:21:08 PM
Having just compared volumes, the change to the SMS art is noticeable. In the Mek Files, there's much less nuance, and a lot of the greyscale is lost. That said, Mek Files 01 includes the complete Black Hole, rather than just stopping part-way through. (It's also a really lovely book.)

The main thing I don't like about the Mek Files volume 1 is the way they cropped the art to remove the next Prog caption boxes. I just don't see why they didn't just leave them in. Especially it's (series 1 anyway) quite episodic.

Arkady

Quote from: IndigoPrime on 01 July, 2018, 03:53:09 PM
Subscribers should probably resign themselves to there not being any updates to the schedule. It's clearly not going to happen at any point.

Likely nothing radical, but if they keep creeping the schedule forward 2-3 days per month they'll catch up eventually.