Main Menu

Oldham Comic Con 2 - 12th May 2018 & it's FREE!!

Started by Bhuna, 23 October, 2017, 10:41:20 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

The second Oldham Comic Con guest list is coming along nicely.

It quite 2000ad-centric. 2000ad guest confirmed up to now.

Patrick Goddard
Dave Taylor
Tim Perkins
Ian Richardson
Dan Cornwell
Peter Doherty
John Higgins
Carlos Ezquerra
John Wagner Artist
Steven Austin

also
Neil McClements
Me
Nigel Parkinson - (Beano)
John Royle - (artist Spiderman G I Joe Danger Girl)
Aly Fell - ( artist The Shadow Glass)
Matt Warner and Mark Adams - (publisher/creator Hellbound media)
I think the Futurequake boys are there too

And it's FREE!!
More information here: https://www.facebook.com/oldhamcomiccon
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dr Feeley Good

Really looking forward to this,this years was good but with the 2000ad line-up it should be amazing ! Only live 10 minutes away ...will be there in my Judge costume  ;)

Bhuna

Just a quick update on the guest list. It;s a great mix of pros and small press There's a fair few names that people will know  ;)

In no particular order.
Marc Ducrow
Lew Stringer
Jessica Lucas
David Roach
The Etheringhton brothers
Steve Austin
Yasmin Sheikh
John wagner
Carlos Ezquerra
Alan Cowsill
Jay martin
Chris Sides
Jon Laight
Lukasz Kowalczuk
Grant Richards
Lyndsey Green
Jon Scrivens
Dan Whitehead
Tad Kimpton
Joe Glass
Matt Warner
Pete Mckeirmon
Patrick Goddard
Neil Edwards
Dave Taylor
Tim Perkins
Bhuna - me
Nigel Parkinson
Nika Nartova
Chris Imber
Sarah Millman
Dan Cornwell
Peter Doherty
John Royal
Ian Richardson
Aly Fell
Neil McClemets
Mindstrain comics
Marc Johnson
Joe Mathews
Dan Charnly
Katie Whittle
Antony Johnson

And it's FREE!!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bolt-01

Dandontdare

Ooh, John and Carlos together! I've never really had a chance to chat to Carlos - his queue at the 40th was immense and I only managed to burble drunkenly at him briefly in the bar afterwards

Colin YNWA

Damn that is a decent line up and not too far away and 'free' is a good price... hmmm maybe I can use this as a way to dry run the kids at a comic con.

Bolt-01

Colin- I had a talk with the organiser of this gig a few weeks back and if half of his enthusiasm makes it into the gig then it should be a corker. Like Thought Bubble when it was freshly minted.

Colin YNWA

It has the added bonus of having a few Phoenix creators there which will be a big plus for the kids, who every Friday morning excited ask me 'is The Phoenix coming today?'

Reckon they would be chuffed to meet The Etherington Brothers. I hope to be able to swing this one.

Fungus

I'm tempted, great line-up and I've neglected the cons recently. Dunno about 'free!' if you're travelling, but whatever :-) Never had a sketch from that Wagner artist guy  :o

Bhuna

The way the organiser sees it is if it's Free to get it people will spend more buys comics and having sketches do. What a refreshing change!
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Ian_Richardson

Everything wise Bhuna has said is true!

Plus for those Squaxx dek Thargo interested, the organisers are running a special panel/talk at the end of the day (starts around 4.30pm I think), that has every 2000ad creator in attendance on the day... I'll leave you to count 'em all ;) The organisers have said that's limited entry though, around 70/75 spaces & it is £5 for entry. Considering it's a free show, that's a bargain I think. Personally really looking forward to it!

Bhuna

It's just been confirmed on the event Facebook page that Carlos will not be attending due to his flights being cancelled  :'( :'(
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bhuna

Quote from: Bhuna on 11 April, 2018, 10:56:55 AM
It's just been confirmed on the event Facebook page that Carlos will not be attending due to his flights being cancelled  :'( :'(

The flights have been sorted and Carlos is back on  :D :D
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Bolt-01

Bhuna

Oldham Comic Con Judge Dredd and 2000AD Panel

Oldham Comic Con presents a host of top creators talking all things Judge Dredd and 2000AD

Talk and walk through 2000AD from the creators who have and are currently working on this iconic British comic.

The panel includes:
Patrick Goddard
Dave Taylor
Ian Richardson
Dan Cornwell
Peter Doherty
Carlos Ezquerra
John Wagner
hosted by Future Quake - Is that you Bolt-01??

https://www.eventbrite.com/e/2000ad-past-present-and-future-tickets-45100239029?aff=efbneb
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress