Main Menu

Scripts and WIPs for the floppy?

Started by Steve Green, 21 February, 2018, 09:36:31 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Steve Green

I was thinking how recent strips are turning up in the floppy, would it be an idea to flesh them out with scripts, cover WIPs from Pete's covers blog etc?

Might be a bit different to just reprinting something recent verbatim.

Richard

BPP

Covers, covers uncovered and scripts would be great.
If I'd known it was harmless I would have killed it myself.

http://futureshockd.wordpress.com/

http://twitter.com/#!/FutureShockd

Colin YNWA

Yeah I'd tend to think that would be a good idea. Kinda the DVD release with extras after the cinema release.

Dandontdare

Nah, I always hate it when books are padded out with filler like this - covers are OK, but when I've read a fully finished story, why would I want to see the pencils or the script? Some of the Marvel and DC books really take the piss, nothing more annoying than buying a fat GN only to find that half of it is "classic" reprint, scripts, sketches etc rather than original content.

IndigoPrime

I think it depends on how this is presented. Some book just shove a load of sketches in the back as filler, or an entire script for a 24-page episode. That's yawnsome. But I like the sketchbook bits at the back of Hellboy/BPRD universe books, which outline how the creators approached things like monster design, storylines, and compositions. Context adds value.

broodblik

Covers are fine but the rest I always skip
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Magnetica

I like covers in my trades and indeed like them to have all the relevant covers. Sketches I can take or leave. They are ok if they show how the look of a character evolved from conception to the page, but I don't want pages and pages of them.

The Adventurer

Considering many floopies struggle to even cram in relevant covers, I highly doubt the Megazine editors are going to work to make room for scripts and other extras.

Now, a one off dedicated script-only floppy? I might be down for that.

THIS SPACE INTENTIONALLY LEFT BLANK

Woolly

Not sure I'd be bothered about seeing scripts in a floppy, but a printed version of Pete Wells' Covers Uncovered blog every 4 months or so would be fantastic!

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the illustrated prose stories from the old yearbooks collected (assuming that hasn't already happened :-\).

sheridan

Quote from: Woolly on 03 March, 2018, 05:30:38 PM
Not sure I'd be bothered about seeing scripts in a floppy, but a printed version of Pete Wells' Covers Uncovered blog every 4 months or so would be fantastic!

Also, I wouldn't mind seeing some of the illustrated prose stories from the old yearbooks collected (assuming that hasn't already happened :-\).

Pretty sure the Neil Gaiman rookie story got reprinted (or at least released in digital form) for obvious reasons...

The Legendary Shark

Quote from: The Adventurer on 03 March, 2018, 04:49:36 PM

Now, a one off dedicated script-only floppy? I might be down for that.

Definitely. I want this. I want this very much.

[move]~~~^~~~~~~~[/move]