Main Menu

Prog 2079 - Top of the Class

Started by Richard, 28 April, 2018, 01:05:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Frank

Quote from: DrJomster on 02 May, 2018, 10:09:15 PM
Strontium Dog is on awesome form at the moment. As mentioned above, great build on the story and gorgeous art. Loved the full page panel.

Yes to all of that, but I was really excited by the premise of two guys having to kick an entire planet up the arse.

Wulf popping up like Jack from American Werewolf to milk Johnny's guilt gland is great, but taking turns to go off on their own and get each other killed doesn't leave much room for The Killing/The Rammy-style hijinks.

Richard

Well, those stories have been told already.

TordelBack

Stront and Cover the major highlights for me, but s'all good man. 

Thought I saw a bit of Los Bros sneaking into Richardson's faces on Dredd (mainly Jaime's Rena Titanon, but a hint of Beto too), which is never a bad thing.

SinDex is ambitious fun, but not sure it fully works.

Anderson felt a bit flat for me for the first time this run, despite some great Hondo judge renderings, hopefully the conclusion will re-engage me.

Saving the Future Shock for a weekend re-read, these are often my favourite too-infrequent bit of the prog and I need something to look forwards.

Tiplodocus

Keep it up, please, Tharg. If that is not too much trouble for you.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Richard

In all fairness to Emma Beeby, she probably thought we'd all be delighted to see some Hondo judges running amok with swords. I didn't mind it.

TordelBack

Quote from: Richard on 03 May, 2018, 09:42:39 PM
In all fairness to Emma Beeby, she probably thought we'd all be delighted to see some Hondo judges running amok with swords.

They were cool, no question. I just lost track of Echo and Kayrn's motivations this week. Happens. 

norton canes

Not a bad prog, though i am missing Jaegir.

The cover is obviously a classic but who's Kimble? His name doesn't appear with the others on the Class of 79 Roll of Honour.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: norton canes on 04 May, 2018, 09:29:00 AM
Not a bad prog, though i am missing Jaegir.

The cover is obviously a classic but who's Kimble? His name doesn't appear with the others on the Class of 79 Roll of Honour.

Class of '79, Prog 2006.
@jamesfeistdraws

norton canes