Welcome, Guest. Please login or register.

Login with username, password and session length

Author Topic: Avengers - Infinity War  (Read 3064 times)

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
Re: Avengers - Infinity War
« Reply #105 on: 08 May, 2018, 12:16:15 pm »
Gave up the location of the soul stone is what I meant. I know the pressure the character was under and how they felt guilt at treatment of other character but, given that ten minutes previously they had been willing to sacrifice themselves, I didn't entirely buy it.

It did fit with the general theme of sacrifice actually being pretty hard to follow through on though, I guess.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #106 on: 08 May, 2018, 12:19:09 pm »
Sorry for double post. 

Anyway it was minor quibble for me. Other people saw it differently.  I'm not going to start a petition saying the film is removed from canon because of it.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #107 on: 08 May, 2018, 01:22:17 pm »
Gave up the location of the soul stone is what I meant. I know the pressure the character was under and how they felt guilt at treatment of other character but, given that ten minutes previously they had been willing to sacrifice themselves, I didn't entirely buy it.

I didn't buy it initially meself, but reflecting on what passed between them in GotG2, that as children Gamora never once allowed herself to lose to spare Nebula her punishment, I took it that this was the time that she finally chose her sister over all.

Tiplodocus

• Bionic Fingers
    • View Profile
« Reply #108 on: 08 May, 2018, 10:10:06 pm »
I'm going to the cinema to see it again but pretend I hate it so I can amplify every tiny little plot inconsistency in my mind.

TordelBack

• CALL-ME-KENNETH!
  • Thunder Chops is dragged off, gnashing...
    • View Profile
« Reply #109 on: 08 May, 2018, 10:38:25 pm »
I'm going to the cinema to see it again but pretend I hate it so I can amplify every tiny little plot inconsistency in my mind.

It is the modern mode after all.

Slightly more seriously, I enjoy the popular idea of flipping the whole thing, and viewing it as a Thanos movie, depicting his struggle against impossible odds to recover all the maguffins from a legion of superpowered villains and achieve his goal of galactic peace and prosperity.  In this light the end credits scene echoes a traditional sequel villain-setup a la Flash Gordon.
« Last Edit: 08 May, 2018, 10:43:48 pm by TordelBack »