Main Menu

Complete Future Shocks

Started by AlexF, 14 June, 2018, 12:22:47 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

AlexF

I'm definitely buying the Complete Future Shocks when I get paid at the end of the month, but I'm curious to know what the remit of the book (and, I hope, ongoing reprint series!) is. As with Dredd Case Files 1, I'm expecting the first half to be nigh unreadable and the second half to be super amazing.

I'm assuming it'll cover everything that ran under the 'Tharg's Future Shocks' banner, but I note that it includes the first Abelaard Snazz story, which was a Ro-Jaws Robo Tale.
In my dream world, this 'Complete' collection would go on to include all Robo-Tales, Time Tiwsters, Terror Tales, Past Imperfects and whatever else I've forgotten. But will it include some of those one-off stories that just had their own title and weren't technically called 'Future Shocks'?

It's an editorial minefield! Someone get Keith Richardson onto the Thrillcast quick to explain his rationale...

(frankly I'd settle for a 'Future Shocks - restricted files' volume to cover all these later if that's the way it goes. Tharg is so close to literally reprinting every strip ever published that he might as well just go whole hog.)

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: AlexF on 14 June, 2018, 12:22:47 PM
I'm assuming it'll cover everything that ran under the 'Tharg's Future Shocks' banner, but I note that it includes the first Abelaard Snazz story, which was a Ro-Jaws Robo Tale.

I suppose you have to do that, as the second Snazz story is a Future Shock; miss it out and you don't have a 'complete' volume, include it without the first story and it doesn't make as much sense...

@jamesfeistdraws

Dark Jimbo

Gah! Why is the modify button only sometimes available...?
@jamesfeistdraws

broodblik

It contains stories from:

2000 AD Progs 25-38, 40-42, 45-56,58-60, 66, 70, 74, 76-78, 80-83, 85-90, 93-98, 102, 108-109, 116-117, 135, 189-190, 203-220

2000 AD Annual 1977, 1978, 1979.

Their is a few non-Future Shocks from the Annuals
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

AlexF

Good to know! Sounds as if the general aim is to be more inclusive rather than less, and I for one support that.

broodblik

Quote from: AlexF on 14 June, 2018, 12:22:47 PM
In my dream world, this 'Complete' collection would go on to include all Robo-Tales, Time Tiwsters, Terror Tales, Past Imperfects and whatever else I've forgotten. But will it include some of those one-off stories that just had their own title and weren't technically called 'Future Shocks'?

From the collection about Abelard Snazz:
Technically, though not a Future Shock, the Ro-Jaws Robo-Tale Final
Solution was included to introduce the character Abelard Snazz.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Richard

It sounds like some thought and care has gone into the selection, which is good (and generally typical of Rebellion).