Main Menu

Prog 2093 - Infernal Engines

Started by Richard, 04 August, 2018, 01:16:32 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

hmmm, looks like I was being too vague. Sorry.

My thoughts at greater length are:

Indigo Prime is a wacky Sci-Fi serial with multiple dimensions and recently featured an interseries crossover with another old series.

The order is a wacky Sci-fi serial with multiple dimensions and is currently featuring an interseries crossover with another old series.

Both by the same writer and to me both rather similar in tone.

I'm not against this in principle- but by Grud and the man Jovus it needs to work in the story. Just shoehorning something in for the 'WOW!' is not good.

If my previous comment caused kerfuffle out in the Friendface land- then apologies but as I don't frequent that place- meh.

I trust Tharg to make sure this is handled well.

Frank

Magnetica

So this week we have possibly the most controversial thing that has been printed in the Prog in a very long time....and no-one is commenting on it.

In the last letter, the writer states that a number of the current writers have supplanted what were his previous favourite writers...

....Mark Millar and Igor Goldkind.

Ok, so I guess every one has their own tastes, and far be it for me to say you should or should not like something, but I found that just a little surprising.

Blue Cactus

Quote from: Magnetica on 05 August, 2018, 10:41:16 AM
So this week we have possibly the most controversial thing that has been printed in the Prog in a very long time....and no-one is commenting on it.

In the last letter, the writer states that a number of the current writers have supplanted what were his previous favourite writers...

Ok, so I guess every one has their own tastes, and far be it for me to say you should or should not like something, but I found that just a little surprising.

I did do a double take at that myself!

dweezil2

Quote from: Blue Cactus on 05 August, 2018, 11:34:35 AM
Quote from: Magnetica on 05 August, 2018, 10:41:16 AM

I did do a double take at that myself!

Different strokes aye?!!!  :o
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

James Stacey

I'm sure Pat Mills will be campaigning hard for John Tomlinson's credits to appear in The Order now. ..

The Amstor Computer

Interesting cameo in The Order, and given the fictional background of the character a guest appearance isn't particularly out of keeping. If memory serves, a good few early 2000AD stars also made appearances in the character's own strip...

Happy to wait out another few episodes and see where things go, as I think this particular character could fit better than many others, but I'm a little wary of the whole thing.

Blue Cactus

Would be nice if the return of you know who in The Order meant we got the rest of the original run reprinted in the floppies. Just a thought.

The Monarch

am i the only one squeeing about this i love seeing other tooth characters appearing in other strips hell theres been precident for it as far back as 1977

Proudhuff

As with last week nothing much to see beyond Dredd. The artwork is well done as is the storytelling, Nice use of silhouette a la Colin McNeil droid..
The 3Thriller has an interesting start but could head off in a very predictable way... hope not.
Guest appearances are starting to make the Prog look like a MCU episode... but not in a good way.
Letter page alert Buttman! crank up the Beast, no TV appearances don't count.  :-X
DDT did a job on me

broodblik

The Order is one of my favourite stories and now I am really intrigued and curios who this mysterious character is. I must wait until Wednesday for the digital copy to be made available to get my answers. I am glad that I am being kept in the dark by everyone. The wait is part of the game.
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

TordelBack

Quote from: broodblik on 06 August, 2018, 02:38:03 PM
The Order is one of my favourite stories and now I am really intrigued and curios who this mysterious character is. I must wait until Wednesday for the digital copy to be made available to get my answers. I am glad that I am being kept in the dark by everyone. The wait is part of the game.

If it's bloody Revere...

broodblik

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2018, 03:14:02 PM

If it's bloody Revere...

i am sure it has been done  :lol:
When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

broodblik

Quote from: TordelBack on 06 August, 2018, 03:14:02 PM

If it's bloody Revere...

If got it Ritterstahl is Walter the Wobot or hopefully not a certain shower scene and The Order is part of the Dallasverse.............

Bolt-01

Hmmm, we don't actually know who made Ritterstahl...