Main Menu

Best reader for a Windows X laptop?

Started by Tiplodocus, 26 January, 2019, 01:13:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tiplodocus

I've ended up with a Windows X laptop and, as my faithful, old Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 is grinding slower and slower these days, I thought I'd see if I could read comics on the new laptop.

However the 2000ad app for the laptop, seems to be, in effect, just the ability to buy the comics and doesn't seem to have a reader. It only seems to download in PDF format which then I can only seem to load and read in browsers like Chrome.  Which don't seem to have the ability to "flip" pages.

So what's the best reader for a Windows laptop that will read pdf? Or is there a way to get them in CBZ format (or other) and pay a couple of quid for a reader> And if so, any recommendations?
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

I, Cosh

Once you've bought it you can download it from your account on the 2000AD shop in either format (or both.) Can't help with a reader though. I think the bigger problem will be having to hold your laptop folded out like a book to get read it in portrait view!
We never really die.

A.Cow

Personally, I use CDisplay.

It's 15 years old but is free and does the business without fuss; no messing with bookshelves or other bloated nonsense.

WhizzBang

Tjm86

At the risk of causing offence, I'm sticking with 'physical'.  I know it is old school and I'm curmudgeonly in that regard but I've never had any problems re-reading my progs, no software or hardware issues (just the 'summer offensive' issue) ...

Funt Solo

++ A-Z ++  coma ++

Tiplodocus

Doh! Adobe reader!

No offense taken. Physical progs take up too much space for me but obviously I can see the appeal. Sometimes the digital art actually pops out on you when viewed on a digital display though.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

IndigoPrime

Quote from: Tiplodocus on 27 January, 2019, 09:56:39 AMPhysical progs take up too much space for me
*looks at white boxes in office*

Mm. I'm starting to wonder whether digital might be the way to go, as much as I heavily prefer physical media. I need Tharg to offer a Thrill-Power Containment Vessel that's part TARDIS.