Main Menu

So sad some so called fans are. And a request.

Started by Thread Zero, 27 October, 2001, 06:39:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Thread Zero

A guy called TIM DENIZ called me a c*** on the 2000ADalt board merely because i posted an opinion.

How sad that people like that read 2k.

You lot are saints by comparison.

Could someone explain what lightbox art software is and how it is used?

Anyone know?

scojo

scojo finally seeing the truth about some readers

pauljholden

Are you turning your hand to drawing?

A light box ISN'T software, it's a device to allow to lay one sheet on top of the other and trace the item below onto the top sheet.

Wils

A lightbox isn't a piece of software, it's exactly what the name suggests: a box with a light in it. A piece of white perspex is lit from underneath and it makes it so you can trace without having to tape it to a window on a sunny day. For an example of major lightbox use, have a look at Arthur Ranson's work.

Wils

Thread Zero

This is not meant to be starting a new argument but how do you know Arthur uses this lightbox technique?

Surely unless you watch him actually draw, you don't know that for a fact.

Could you or someone else show me a specific exmple. A page and a particular panel?

scojo who doesn't watch Arhur Ranson draw.
Don't know where he lives for a start....

nathan

scojo: This is not meant to be starting a new argument but how do you know Arthur uses this lightbox technique?
--
Do an image search on altavista for "mel gibson" and compare to Harry Exton in Button Man 3.

Thread Zero

Yeah I know Nathan, that Harry looks like Mel. I spotted that one. Although he didn't look like him that much in Button Man 1!

No the thing is, does he use this lightbox technique all the time? For characters, buildings, vehicles etc.

I always loved his work because he seemed blessed with a great talent for capturing real life.

But if it is true that he just copies a lot of it, well...

Maybe he still draws most of it from natural talent alone.
Who knows!

scojo

W. R. Logan

>No the thing is, does he use this lightbox technique all the time? For characters, buildings, vehicles etc.
>I always loved his work because he seemed blessed with a great talent for capturing real life.
>But if it is true that he just copies a lot of it, well...
>Maybe he still draws most of it from natural talent alone.
>Who knows!
>scojo

The trouble with photo-realistic artists is that they use photo reference, which means that Mr Ranson may have lots of natural talent but take away the light box and photos and you'd see a different result.

La Placa Rifa,
W. R. Logan.

Link: http://groups.yahoo.com/group/theclassof79" target="_blank">Class Of '79

http://us.f1.yahoofs.com/groups/g_3925466/Class+Of+%2779/__hr_Ishmael+-+SJS+%232.gif">

nathan

I don't know if Arthur Ranson uses a lightbox all the time. It's fun to spot the celebrities in Button Man and the twentieth century vehicles in Anderson Psi Division but the storytelling is what counts.

N.