Main Menu

Things that went over your head...

Started by ming, 09 January, 2012, 11:00:01 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ghastly McNasty

Pfffft. Looking at the Clint magazine thread I've just realised why It's called CLiNT.

Trout

Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 16 May, 2013, 07:24:40 PM
Pfffft. Looking at the Clint magazine thread I've just realised why It's called CLiNT.

Are you a fan of the Droid Life character Flick?

Ghastly McNasty

*Sounds of another penny dropping*

JayzusB.Christ

Quote from: Trout on 16 May, 2013, 11:05:28 PM
Quote from: Ghastly McNasty on 16 May, 2013, 07:24:40 PM

Are you a fan of the Droid Life character Flick?

Isn't his name Crumbs, though...?
"Men will never be free until the last king is strangled with the entrails of the last priest"

Trout

Now I can't remember. I was sure it was Flick.

Noisybast

Pretty sure he started life as Flicker (because his job was to flick eraser crumbs off the pages), and the name got changed somewhere along the line.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

strontium71

Reading the new Dan Brown novel , Inferno , I've just twigged that the Grice series was called Purgatory , and the Dredd follow-up was called Inferno. Both were parts of the Divine Comedy by Dante. Should there have been a third part called Paradise...
...because I hate you.

Dandontdare

Quote from: strontium71 on 20 May, 2013, 01:26:00 PM
Reading the new Dan Brown novel , Inferno , I've just twigged that the Grice series was called Purgatory , and the Dredd follow-up was called Inferno. Both were parts of the Divine Comedy by Dante. Should there have been a third part called Paradise...

yes, that was when Wagner came back   :D

strontium_dog_90

Speaking of that era . . .

The satire of Big Dave really went over my head, as a younger chap. As someone who's grown up to love stuff like South Park and Brass Eye, I really wish I was reading it for the first time now. I think I'd probably laugh quite a lot.

TordelBack

Reading the new Dan Brown novel, Inferno....

I hear Dan Brown novels are the only books actually allowed in Hell.  Even as the ice-entombed Satan chews forever on his head and flays his back, Judas Iscariot has to listen to the audiobook of The DaVinci Code for all eternity.  That'll learn 'im.

Cactus

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 May, 2013, 02:16:37 PM

yes, that was when Wagner came back   :D

With a story named 'The Pit'. Unintentional irony or subtle dig?
I'm a tucker hot seat trucker and I'm voking cheerio, ten-ten!

I, Cosh

Suppose I might as well share my humiliation here for those unable to read about it elsewhere. It was only on seeing the trailer at the pictures this afternoon that I realised the title of World War Z is supposed to be a pun.
We never really die.

Frank

Quote from: The Cosh on 12 June, 2013, 08:05:44 PM
Suppose I might as well share my humiliation here for those unable to read about it elsewhere. It was only on seeing the trailer at the pictures this afternoon that I realised the title of World War Z is supposed to be a pun.

You're not American, so stop beating yourself up. Bobcat Goldthwaite's character in Police Academy 2 and the handle of Ving Rhames's rapist in Pulp Fiction prove the fuckers can't agree on the pronunciation themselves.

malkymac

Err I feel really thick now for asking this but could you tell me what the pun is?  :-[

radiator

World War Zee

World War Three

I still can't bring myself to pronounce it as 'Zee' out loud though.