Main Menu

3D Dredd

Started by Mongrol, 04 June, 2007, 09:50:53 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mongrol

Just a little link to a 3D work in progress Dredd... still lots to do.

Link: http://www.matt-clark.co.uk/pic.php?o=143" target="_blank">http://www.matt-clark.co.uk/pic.php?o=143

[YT-2]

It looks great, although without his LAwgiver it does look like he's a bit pissed trying to carry an invisible pint.

Mongrol

hehe.. it's true.  Maybe I'll stick a pint glass in there until I get round to the lawgiver...

Matt Timson

His uniform and gloves look like they're made out of velvet to me- but I'm sure you'll fix that later.  Other than that- looking really good.  What have you modelled it in?
Pffft...

Mongrol

Yeah, the materials are preliminary as is just about everything at the moment.  Hopefully I'll avoid it looking too CG when done.

It's all done in 3ds Max.

Steve Green

Looking good Matt - I was in Nexus last week to have a chat with Theano, but I think you weren't in that day.

It would be good to meet up sometime.

- Steve

Noisybast

Wow - that's nice!
Looking forward to seeing the finished article.
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Adrian Bamforth

Lots to do? Looks almost there to me, just needs a shinier leather texture and the zipper.

Noisybast

Belt needs sorting out - no buckle yet!
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

COMMANDO FORCES

That looks great!
One minor quibble, you always lean into a shot so get his chest over his waist slightly, otherwise it's fine.

Woolly

opaque

James

Oh okay then.

Wow.

Mongrol

Thanks for the comments guys.

I'm not too concerned with the pose for now, he's fully poseable, this was one I chose to render.
There really is plenty still to do, his face is pretty basic right now, then there's the detailing to the pockets, gloves, pads, belt and boots.  I'm going to rework the body to possibly pick out the muscles a bit more.  Oh, and the zipper and chain.

I'll update here as I go.

[YT-2]

>Oh, and the zipper and chain.

cough. 7 links and Dredd dresses to the right