Main Menu

Life Spugs because...

Started by Dog Deever, 04 March, 2009, 08:00:25 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bolt-01

Thoughts go out to you Mike.

Trout

You're one of the good guys, Mike, and you deserve better. All the best from all of us.

- Trout

Gavin_Leahy_Block

What can I say that hasn't already been said?
My thoughts are with you Mike and I am glad that it was peaceful.
All the best.

Peter Wolf

All the best Mike.

Life spugs because i have just found out that the work i was going to look at this afternoon has been given to someone else instead right at the last minute.I waited and waited for their return call which didnt happen so i called them back to ask what was happening and this is how i found out because they were not even polite enough to return the call to say the deal was off.

I dont take kindly to being left hanging on like that waiting for a call and i dont appreciate having my time wasted and my expectations raised unnecessarily.

I hate fucking timewasters

GRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRRR...............

People are a fucking pain.Useless Fuckers.

I have got to start driving again as i have been off the road for a bit so i can work in the heritage sector and FUCK these timewasters in Brighton off permanently.

What a fucking great way to end the week.

****ANGRY****
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

Kerrin

My condolences Mike. Take care of yourself.

Pete Wells

Big manly hugs Mike. Don't forget to look after yourself while you're 'organising.' I don't think there's a member of this board who isn't totally in awe of the bravery and dignity you've shown over the weeks and months. She'd be so proud.

Mike Gloady

Thanks everyone.

Peter, that's a real pisser.  Some people have no decency in them at all.  Like the three people who cancelled skips my brother was dropping off yesterday afternoon.  He just said "sod 'em, let 'em try and get a skip off me NEXT time" and took the perfect excuse to go home, give his kids hugs, have an early dinner and make his way to mum's to join me for the end.  Just as well as it turned out. 
New in town?  Follow this link for a guide to the Greatest Threads Ever

TordelBack

QuoteLife spugs because i have just found out that the work i was going to look at this afternoon has been given to someone else instead right at the last minute.

Aaaaargh indeed - it's happened to us all.   I particularly love the part where they continually postpone the job at a day's notice, and after more than a week of this you begin to think 'shit, they're talking to someone else', and then bingo, after they've wasted day after day of your time, they only tell you that they've gone elsewhere after you ring them, no doubt having shown your carefully worked-out quotation to some cowboy and saying 'can you beat that?'. 

The second worst kind of client (right after the ones who won't pay you).

SmallBlueThing

mike, i cant add anythink. your band of geekmates are here should you need us. take care buddy.

Bouwel

Take care of yourself Mike.

-Bouwel-
-A person's mind can be changed by reading information on the internet. The nature of this change will be from having no opinion to having a wrong opinion-

House of Usher

I hate those job interviews where they pick your brains in the process and actually expect you to have done part of the work entailed in the job description before they decide who to employ. So, you want me to tell you all my best ideas, so you can keep them and implement them even if you don't give me the job? Thanks. I'm glad I haven't had an interview like that in a good long while.
STRIKE !!!

Peter Wolf

Quote from: TordelBack on 02 October, 2009, 09:15:30 PM
QuoteLife spugs because i have just found out that the work i was going to look at this afternoon has been given to someone else instead right at the last minute.

Aaaaargh indeed - it's happened to us all.   I particularly love the part where they continually postpone the job at a day's notice, and after more than a week of this you begin to think 'shit, they're talking to someone else', and then bingo, after they've wasted day after day of your time, they only tell you that they've gone elsewhere after you ring them, no doubt having shown your carefully worked-out quotation to some cowboy and saying 'can you beat that?'. 

The second worst kind of client (right after the ones who won't pay you).

Well exactly.

They have no backbone a lot of people as its pretty clear that they shy away from being courteous and informing you with a simple phone call that you havent got the work.Its the lack of communication that gets my back up apart from anything else.

The same old bullshit is endemic in every kind of business.

I always call it the human Factor.You have to allow for it because its inevitable that someone will fuck things up in some way or another or choose to be dishonest and i have Zero tolerance for them.

You hear far too much about builders and contractors from hell and not nearly enough about clients from hell.quite often i have lost to some other cowboy so then all i have to do is watch it go wrong.

I really do need to get my own act together but i have been trying to work less than usual so that i could devote some time otherwise spent working improving my artwork but this cant go on forever as i need to earn some serious cash and get things moving again .
Worthing Bazaar - A fete worse than death

maryanddavid

First time I have really read this thread, and fair play to all for having the strength to share their lives and personal troubles. Mike, sorry for your troubles, my thoughts are with you this evening.

David

vzzbux

Sorry to hear the news Mike. Not been on the site for a few days, gutted for you.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Zarjazzer

My 5000 word story got canned. Too many typos despite putting it through software and checks. And basically they didn't like the premise. Shit. i meant oh well i should be more careful next time.
The Justice department has a good re-education programme-it's called five to ten in the cubes.