Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Proudhuff

Has he every done a interrogation in the Meg? don't remember it if he did, but i would like to see him back under Tharg's whip!
DDT did a job on me

Simon Beigh

Meg 290 according to BARNEY. Thought I had seen it in the big pile I have in my house :)

Theblazeuk

I personally love the floppies. Reading Detonator X today and well, after Pacific Rim I am even happier with this strip than I was the first time round. Night Zero was something I'd never come across and it was grand. I even enjoyed Disaster (as hokey as it was in comparison to Savage proper). And Mercy Heights is actually one of my favourite concepts and well, in a muddy way, Tor is what I think Rogue became.

They started just as I got my first megazine and they've been a big part in why I carried on buying it, even when my funds were getting very low. I don't like all of the stuff collected but then the hit rate is much better than the 9 months of DC's new 52 I tried before abandoning them - that was 20+ pages of no thrill power each issue.

Skullmo

Anyone know what floppies are on the horizon?

They are great - I read night zero last night - a brill story!
It's a joke. I was joking.

jackstarr

I seem to be on perpetual catch-up with the Meg - finally read Night Zero - and I *really* enjoyed it - the first time I've enjoyed a bundled floppy in a very long time.

I've been very much "meh" on the bundled floppies for a very long time, both for series I've read before and series that are new to me - but for some rease Night Zero just clicked - some decent old-skool fun.

Just hope the sequel floppy (Beyond Zero) is as much fun!

Skullmo

I read Disaster 1990 last night - wow, almost every page was a WTF moment! I loved it!

Theblazeuk

Beyond Zero - how does post-apocalyptic pirate zeppelin raiders grab your fancy?

jackstarr

Quote from: Theblazeuk on 30 October, 2013, 10:24:42 AM
Beyond Zero - how does post-apocalyptic pirate zeppelin raiders grab your fancy?

Well, if you put it like that...  :thumbsup:

Judge Brian

I'm looking forward to reading the Di Marco floppy. Maybe it'll tell me why she was hanging out with the Gorilla that got killed in Trifecta

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Judge Brian on 28 November, 2013, 06:07:02 AM
I'm looking forward to reading the Di Marco floppy. Maybe it'll tell me why she was hanging out with the Gorilla that got killed in Trifecta

There's a DeMarco floppie coming? When is that do we know?

Mabs

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 28 November, 2013, 06:12:52 AM
Quote from: Judge Brian on 28 November, 2013, 06:07:02 AM

There's a DeMarco floppie coming? When is that do we know?

December, with Meg #343!  :)
My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Colin YNWA

Cool! Will defo be picking that one up.

See its all in the floppie for me then it seems. A good floppy makes the Meg a great deal. Since I have most of the stuff though its otherwise too expensive for the content. Anyway nice to pick up a copy to re-evaluate that though.

Fungus

Quote from: jackstarr on 29 October, 2013, 07:46:31 PM
I seem to be on perpetual catch-up with the Meg - finally read Night Zero - and I *really* enjoyed it - the first time I've enjoyed a bundled floppy in a very long time.
It's the exception. And I agree completely. I think the bundled second/third rate stories really need to be humanely nudged towards The Long Walk. Off a Short Pier. I actually resent the time reading these ('cos if I buy it, I WILL read it).

Skullmo

well I think they are great!  Not a waste of the and they are what keeps me buying the Meg really!

Fungus

But the Meg's been pretty damn fine recently? No?