Main Menu

Lack of love for the bundled "floppies"?

Started by sheldipez, 18 December, 2012, 12:52:06 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Skullmo

It's pretty good - but I do enjoy having a whole story - I don't really like reading stories in parts, having a full (or large chunk of) classic 2000ad tale keeps me going until the various meg series has finished and I read them.
It's a joke. I was joking.

NapalmKev

Keep the floppy!

If people don't like it they don't have to read it; 'getting rid' of it entirely would be a massive mistake.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Mabs

Quote from: Skullmo on 29 November, 2013, 11:57:22 PM
well I think they are great!  Not a waste of the and they are what keeps me buying the Meg really!

Rightly said, Skullmo! I couldn't agree more.  :thumbsup:

My Blog: http://nexuswookie.wordpress.com/

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mabs

Quote from: NapalmKev on 30 November, 2013, 07:15:28 AM

If people don't like it they don't have to read it; 'getting rid' of it entirely would be a massive mistake.

^This. Absolutely.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

SmallBlueThing

Have they ever done the second book of FINN? I guess that's the only way we are likely to see it in a readable bookshelf format? Or do I have to take scissors to the progs before I chuck them all out?

SBT

Mabs

We're still waiting for the second book. I hope it's not too long before we see it as I loved the first one.

My Twitter @nexuswookie

Mardroid

I like the floppies, but then again I haven't read most of them before.

It was a nice surprise getting Lobster Random this month's. I read it thinking, "Is this the first story?"
Then the next day the Lobster Random volume turned up in a package along with a couple of other books (Necronauts and the first Durham Red collection). I'd forgotten I'd ordered it! So another surprise.

Skullmo

I second more Finn. All books of Finn please oh Meg Gods.

And Timehouse.

And that Adrian Salmon story from the Meg with Shakespeare - I remember that was better than it looked like it was going to be.

And Pandora too :)

It's a joke. I was joking.

Dodsy

I think that is the beauty of the 'floppies' that stuff that would be a hard sell or difficult to re-print on it's own is reaching a new audience who may have missed it the first time around. Hopefully it will also encurage some new stories from some forgotten favs if they are well recieved.
I was really pleased to see the 2nd Lobster story getting a reprint and fingers crossed the rest will soon.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Fungus

As so often, I find myself in a tiny minority  :o
Just leapt back to the thread's beginnings and yup, these floppy things are popular all over...

Let's keep them!

(I'll revise my 'exception' comment. I've known two. Disaster 1990 and Night Zero were both good fun).

Dandontdare

In need of something to read this week, I've been revisiting my pile of floppies. Mercy heights was far better than I remembered it when read through in one go, although Tor Cyan was a  bit of a one-note spin-off. One thing struck me though - Tor Cyan must be the WORST shuttle pilot in the galaxy! Every single craft that he pilots over the course of five volumes either blows up, or more usually, crashes into a planet. NEVER FLY WITH THIS MAN!

NapalmKev

Quote from: Dandontdare on 20 December, 2013, 09:18:15 AM
In need of something to read this week, I've been revisiting my pile of floppies. Mercy heights was far better than I remembered it when read through in one go,

My thoughts exactly. I first read Mercy Heights in the Prog and didn't really think much of it. As a collection it stands up pretty well.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Theblazeuk

A bit of a resurrection but seemed like a good place to say I really enjoyed the latest floppie. Rose O'Rion wasn't a character I'd ever come across and it was good, simple fun.

What was the name of that story where a dwarf and a girl are on a starcruiser and get themselves dumped on a prison planet? Was that Rose too? That was a story that was underway when I started collecting so it's all a bit hazy.

James Stacey

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: James Stacey on 27 November, 2014, 01:58:09 PM
Lilly Mackenzie ?
Actualy I Was talking to Mr.Fraser on deviantart recently and he said he jntends to continue to second series soon and will hopefully get both stories collected in a trade by....someone.