Main Menu

New 2000AD Covers Blog

Started by Pete Wells, 06 July, 2009, 06:33:01 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Fungus

Quote from: sauchie karate club on 03 September, 2014, 10:58:02 AM

Ah, my old Get Ugly T-shirt  :)  The one item you really didn't need to wash.....

On-topic, it's pretty rare the prog cover these days isn't spectacular. Quite the arms race going on between artists. I blame Pete W.

Pete Wells

Greg Staples' beautiful cover of Prog 1900 is up. Possibly my favourite Dredd ever!?!

http://2000adcovers.blogspot.co.uk/2014/09/greg-staples-greghead.html

Cue whoppa preview:

Frank

I think I like the line and grey tone version even more - pity those prints never came to pass. The Law Lords were a real thing at the time Wagner wrote LawCon, Pete. They were the ultimate court of appeal in the UK, until New Labour decided to rebrand them as The Supreme Court, because we're the 51st fucking state of the USA, apparently.

Fungus

Speechless in admiration of that.
Except to say I'm glad it's non-digital, always a plus.

COMMANDO FORCES

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Pete Wells on 22 September, 2014, 10:13:54 PM
Greg Staples' beautiful cover of Prog 1900 is up. Possibly my favourite Dredd ever!?!

Wow that's quite a statement. Have to say while I know a black and white (or grey scale) cover isn't an option man I love love love that greyscale version. Quite stunning.

Steve Green

Yeah, I think a run of the b/w prints would go down well...

Steve Green

They're taking pre-orders for A2 posters of the cover, as well as new t-shirts, free comic primers and wallpapers...

http://us5.campaign-archive2.com/?u=a6e40236aa24d482cfff600d2&id=c77d1183b9

Pete Wells

Lovely Nick Percival piece up today!

James Stacey

Beautiful image, but just what guns does Ichabod use? He seems to use colt army's in the strip, but colt navy's or a mixture of the two on covers. These things are important people.

Pete Wells

Oh dear, 2000AD get's it's own Manana-gate as Richard Elson shamelessly Cheesecakes Gene the Hackman. Intrepid investigative journalist Pete Wells investigates...

Pete Wells

D'israeli's cover from last week is up! I liked this cover, very spooky, but I adored his Klimt inspired idea no 3...

TordelBack

Is there anything more fascinating than a D'Israeli-penned art breakdown?  And for the record, option 3 would have been (even more) magnificent.

blackmocco

"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com

blackmocco

But not as much as Pete Wells for this blog.
"...and it was here in this blighted place, he learned to live again."

www.BLACKMOCCO.com
www.BLACKMOCCO.blogspot.com