Main Menu

New monthly Dredd title announced for North America

Started by Emperor, 16 March, 2012, 08:24:17 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

James Stacey

Does the 'cvr r1' mean there will still be variant covers 4 months down the line? For the first one or 2 fair enough but are they going to take the piss the whole run ?

Andy Smart

It seems that the variants are here to stay, at least for the first four months. IDW are generally a pretty variant-heavy publisher. Look at their Mars Attacks series (which includes a Dredd variant in Feb). I don't mind them myself- it's nice to have a choice- but it must be hell for the comic shop employee who has to do the ordering.

James Stacey

Well they've already run more variants in one issue than 2000ad has in its 35 years (I think)

Hegel

Guys and gals. Can anyone recommend a decent website where I can buy this? Not having access to any comic shops is a bummer. I know I could ebay but I quite like the idea of a regular order (and to up my comic intake generally with other titles perhaps).

SmallBlueThing

Go to ebay, find A Place In Space- it's a shop in croydon- or Albion Toys. Both are my regular comic shops, both are reliable, and neither charge postage.

SBT

Hegel

sheldipez

Just read this; I enjoyed it & hope it survives a while. The US needs a good taste of Dredd. Any idea how many issues IDW have committed to?

Albion

Dumb all over, a little ugly on the side.

COMMANDO FORCES

#Sheldipez There is a 4 part mini series next year by Tharg, concerning Joe's early years. As for the main series, who knows but lets hope that our American cousins lap it up!

Dandontdare

Quote from: Hegel on 27 November, 2012, 08:47:55 PM
Guys and gals. Can anyone recommend a decent website where I can buy this? Not having access to any comic shops is a bummer. I know I could ebay but I quite like the idea of a regular order (and to up my comic intake generally with other titles perhaps).

I got mine off a randomly googled place called wolfcomics - all I can say is that it arrived promptly, bagged'n'boarded and cost £2.90 with no postage - weirdly though it seems to have now gone up to £3.25. Guess it's a supply thing.

As for the thing itself, I liked the first strip, not so much the second. I'd rather have seen an entirely different type of strip rather than a supplement/rehash of the first. And the art was significantly poorer. Overall though, more positives than negatives. Hope it does well.

Otherwise we'll just replace 17 years of "Dredd? watched it, it was crap" with "Dredd? Read it, it was crap" (but if they follow this with "but comic versions of movies always are", you are allowed to hit 'em  ;))

Spikes

Im kinda torn about IDW's Dredd having two stories.
On one hand i like the fact that it has - and Mr McCarthy is on art duties for the next short story! , but it did make the main strip seem slightly too short.
Still, a minor niggle really.

sheldipez

Quote from: Dandontdare on 28 November, 2012, 09:18:33 PM
Quote from: Hegel on 27 November, 2012, 08:47:55 PM

I got mine off a randomly googled place called wolfcomics - all I can say is that it arrived promptly, bagged'n'boarded and cost £2.90 with no postage - weirdly though it seems to have now gone up to £3.25. Guess it's a supply thing.

It's still £2.75 bagged, boarded & delivered from disposable heroes multiple covers available too.

Danbo

Got it but I'm not too keen if I'm honest.I'll stick with a few more issues,see if it beds down but at the moment I'm just not into it.Reminds me of a fanzine.
Let the Dragon ride again on the winds of time.

vzzbux

Finally picked mine up today. Will be devouring it later.

V
Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

CrazyFoxMachine

Nick Percival has just posted the art from the fourth issue cover on DeviantArt - gawjus.

Also - I've complained to Disposable Heroes, got a really awfully spelt response and may or may not finally get #1 in the next week. HUZZAH.