Main Menu

The End is Nigh - Again!

Started by longmanshort, 02 November, 2005, 09:32:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

longmanshort

Announcing the second fantastic issue of THE END IS NIGH, the official magazine of the apocalypse!

Launching at the Comics Expo in Brighton on November 19 and 20, this issue it's war as we examine the whys and wherefores of how mankind's favourite pasttime could spell its demise!

The issue features an EXCLUSIVE interview with comic writing god ALAN MOORE! Discussing the apocalyptic themes through most of his work, the writer turns dark prophet as he reveals why DR and Quinch's nuclear fetish was a bad idea, why George Bush nis a bad idea, and even makes his own end-of-the-world prediction!

Don't miss the fantastic full-colour cover by 2000AD favourite BOO COOK and artwork by 2000AD legend FRAZER IRVING! And there's also an interview with JOHN WAGNER and ALAN GRANT about The Last American, and artist MELANIE GEBBIE talks about her work on the film of When the Wind Blows.

Plus there are the usual comic strips, news articles, in-depth features and funnies.

At a special convention price of ?3.99 (normal price ?4.99), you can't afford to miss it! The website at www.endisnigh.co.uk will soon be updated with sneak previews of this issue's fantastic content!

THE END IS NIGH - get it ... before it's too late!

http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v66/longmanshort/EIN.jpg" alt="Image hosted by Photobucket.com">
+++ implementing rigid format protocols +++ meander mode engaged +++

Art

Dunk!

Great cover.

Great contents.

Blimey.

Will order the moment the website allows me.
"Trust we"

Aaron Smurf Murphy

Gorgeous cover there AND and interview with Wagner and Grant on the Last American. Sold!

Finn

longmanshort

Check out our ads in the forthcoming issue of Comics International!

There's also a very special event in Leeds in December ...

On Monday, December 12 the writers of new comics serial Albion, JOHN REPPION and LEAH MOORE, will be signing copies of THE END IS NIGH and their comic at OK Comics.

Both John (who has written for FORTEAN TIMES) and Leah (writer and artist whose dad is aforementioned comics god ALAN MOORE) are key contributors to THE END IS NIGH.

OK Comics is at 19 Thorntons Arcade, just off Briggate in Leeds City Centre! John and Leah will be signing from 12noon.

Link: http://www.okcomics.co.uk/about.htm" target="_blank">OK Comics: the comics shop in Leeds

longmanshort

And there's also an interview, conducted by our very own Ed Berridge, with the editor over at 2000ADReview ...

Link: http://www.2000adreview.co.uk/smallpress/2005/molcher/mikemolcher.shtml" target="_blank">Molchertron interrograted ...

Matt Timson

Looks even better now it's in colour- nice one.
Pffft...

Trout

Note to self: THE END IS NIGH - write it ... before it's too late! :-)

As I said to you before Mike, that's a damn fine cover!

Also, having had a chat with Mike about his Alan Moore interview, I'm really keen to read it. Buy it, creeps!

- Trout

Queen Firey-Bou

flucking diggery that loooks damn good !

hurrah the mighty BOO

Byron Virgo

How come no one ever mentions when I'm doing a signing?

"MELANIE GEBBIE"

Surely that's a typo? It should be Melinda Gebbie, no?

"having had a chat with Mike about his Alan Moore interview, I'm really keen to read it."

Let's hope the Scenic Ramble of Reminiscence Round Northampton has made it to the final cut then.

Bico

I don't think we could ever have enough tales about Black Shuck and the Guy Fawkes conspirators.  If nothing else, the y help distract from the fact that Northampton spawned Jo Whiley.

Blek.

Byron Virgo

And at least we know where the editor's nan lives now...

thinky

Let's hope the Scenic Ramble of Reminiscence Round Northampton has made it to the final cut then

heh, i enjoyed that bit too ;)

a very interesting hour+ of listening, and definitely on-topic for the mag... looking forward to reading it

oh, and the site will be updated according for the weekend (he says optimistically)

thinky

btw, 12th dec - day of the signing - is my 36th birthday. just thought i'd mention it...
you think this isn't me? that's so sweet...
//http://www.adverseCamber.co.uk

Byron Virgo

Aww...it's sweet that you'd chose to advertise your greatly aged nature. Well done on managing to survive for this long!