Main Menu

Abaddon banner?

Started by The Amstor Computer, 03 June, 2006, 01:33:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

The Amstor Computer

Is this as annoying for everyone else as it is for me? Not a big fan of big, animated banners anyway, but this is shoving the board further down the page than usual...

/Friday grumble mode off

Wils

I particularly like the big white empty space it's created underneath the 2000ad logo.

IndigoPrime

I can say why. When I created the site's layout, there was never a need for Flash-based banners. Therefore, the banner was an image, and some of the spacing of the masthead area is governed by the image. When the image is removed and replaced with something else, that all goes crazy, hence why the Flash animation also lacks the standard border.

Art

It's not nearly as irritating as overly animated user icons...

/megagrumble

paulvonscott

My software seems to blot it out, so no grumblage from me.

Quirkafleeg

>It's not nearly as irritating as overly animated user icons...

Seconded

And what's this auto embedding of stuff in the send mail...

(Nothing is a irritating as the embedded trailers etc on the Guardians site mind)

Bad Andy

It's only irritating because its slightly different to the norm.

Does it really make any difference to you at all?

The Amstor Computer

In the long run, probably not. It's a big, noisy ad at the head of the forum that I'm finding quite irritating at the moment, but I likely will be able to blank it given time (just as I got used to the previous ads, or to intrusive web ads on other sites).

I'm just having a wee grumble :-)

Bolt-01

Same as the read threads are now RED, as opposed to grey.

Bolt-01

Floyd-the-k

it's totally unanoying for me. I wopnder if the books live up to the nice pictures

Megadeth

Meh, i adblocked it straight away so it isn't bothering me anymore.

Noisybast

"It's not nearly as irritating as overly animated user icons... "

Hey - leave me alone! My animated icon might be an adrenaline-fuelled thrill-ride to some, but I like it...
Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Bad Andy

Same as the read threads are now RED, as opposed to grey.

Now this is annoying for me. Being colour blind I now find it really difficult to see which threads I've read (usually all of them).

Bad Andy

pauljholden

red? you're lucky, on my mac it's a horrible sludgy brown.

- pj