Main Menu

3A Toys/Rebellion Press Release

Started by Robo-K33F, 16 November, 2009, 01:20:59 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Richmond Clements

Cthulouis

JOE SOAP

Quote from: ming on 15 February, 2010, 12:54:16 PM

"if the line does well, ill make a george, not to too exact scale, maybe a 20" version or so.

My house is now full of joy-juice.

Robo-K33F

We just saw a close to finished version of Tharg the other day and oh is it good!

COMMANDO FORCES

You forgot to say, "Na na nana na," you sod!

ming

Quote from: Robo-K33F on 16 February, 2010, 12:53:26 PM
We just saw a close to finished version of Tharg the other day and oh is it good!

More finished than the one we've seen?  Which logo was Green Bonce sporting - regular or classic? ;)

Anyway, looking forward to seeing more of Tharg and all who follow...

Oh, and the 2000AD thread at the 3A forum disappeared (no-one knows why or where it went) but there's a new one up now.

And don't forget there's an original art thread here:
http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php?action=view_topic&topic_id=3001

I finally got something to put there.  At last!

ming

No new news (get used to this!) but at least there's conformation that sales will go through Bambaland - no idea about what retailers will go for the 2000AD line but I'm sure there will be info on that front when the time comes.

For now, a few things are in the pipeline (Ash has mentioned how good Mean Machine and Mongrol are looking, as well as Tharg) but there's still no info on when or how much, etc.  All that will become known before anything so happen; until then - sit back and relax.  Any news, I'll post it here.

Things to know about Bambaland / 3A:

+ Bambaland (http://www.bambalandstore.com/) is the 'sales arm' of 3A. 
+ Going on past experience, some sales may be Bambaland only, other things may only be made available via retailers. 
+ Register with Bambaland: get an account, get all your details set up ahead of time - it would be a pain to have to do this at the last minute.
+ Bambaland sales are paid for with PayPal and only PayPal.  Again, set this up to save yourself any stress later on.
+ When stuff goes up for sale at Bambaland, it may be there for minutes, hours or days - I would hope that most 2000AD stuff will be around for a longer rather than shorter time, as there *may* be fewer people chasing this line than other 3A stuff (sometimes very limited numbers).  For all I know, it might stay up for weeks.  Hope so!
+ Check the 3A production blog for release announcements; this also usually has handy countdown timers for when things are going on sale at Bambaland: http://www.threeaonline.com/blog/
+ Bambaland sales are all preorders, so you may end up not seeing a 'completed version' of what you'll get (e.g. some of the recent bots have been shown 'sans decals'); I'd just say if you're interested in this stuff, you won't be disappointed in how things turn out.
+ For preorders, you'll end up paying up front and things will generally ship 6-8 weeks later (free worldwide shipping is included in all Bambaland prices - that won't be the case with most retailers).  Oh, and stuff from 3A goes to retailers quite a long time (months?) after Bambaland.

I've just posted this to try and help for a smooth process when the 2000AD stuff appears; 3A is a small company with their own way of doing things, and if I can help inform a bit, I'm happy.

I'll be happier when Tharg drops through my letterbox, though :D

Meanwhile, any questions or whatever, just ask and I'll help if I can - o=and stop by the 3A forums and say hello sometime!
http://3atoys.hyperboards.com/index.php

COMMANDO FORCES

ming

Posted by Ash on the 3A boards yesterday:

"We are just tweaking Tharg at the mo, next reveal will lead into a sale, so we can move onto mongrel etc.."

Watch this space, folks.

HOO-HAA

Aw, man... I need to get myself some Tharg.

Brilliant!  :D

COMMANDO FORCES

Quote from: HOO-HAA on 04 March, 2010, 12:45:21 PM
Aw, man... I need to get myself some Tharg.

Is that street slang for drugs ;)

Mikey

Mongrel! I need a (several hundred pound sterling probably) toy Mongrel!

M.
To tell the truth, you can all get screwed.

ming

Quote from: Mikey on 04 March, 2010, 04:32:10 PM
Mongrel! I need a (several hundred pound sterling probably) toy Mongrel!

M.

Probably looking at less than that, but we'll see.  

How big do you reckon a 1/6 Mongrol would need to be?  (1/6 human = ~12")  About 15"?  Ickle legs, big Power Paws...

Back to price pondering... these guys were ~$250 retail last year, and around 15" tall (pics are of unfinished bots)... Ballpark for Mongrol?

johnnystress

I hope theyr'e way, way cheaper than that  :|