Main Menu

Vermin Stars

Started by Mangamax, 27 November, 2003, 02:50:35 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Mangamax

Don't know if it's been touched upon already but got my copy today.
Works much better reading it in one sitting, helps a lot to be printed on such luvverly glossy paper (easy to wipe clean wouldn't be the reason would it?) and an excellent sketchbook by Mark Harrison at the back. The computer graphic designs of the spacecraft are a bit "cold" compared to what's in the panels but you get to see them a lot more clearer.
Top work then Tharg - can we see more in the way of the above extras in future releases?
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

The Amstor Computer

Mangamax - do you have the Necronauts TPB? If so, how does it compare with this Durham Red collection in terms of presentation?

Steamboy

vermin stars, was that the one with the huge Killships and stuff, if so lurvely space battles in that one.

CU Krestel

Mangamax

No BB, hoping to pick up the Necronaughts GN at Dreddcon as no bastige in Kent seems to want to stock it.
The perspective on that chairs all wrong

JTurner

I'm also having massive trouble finding Necronauts, Hewligan's Haircut, etc. And that's in London. I'm wondering if they're in short supply and they're just selling out. Guess I'll be spending loads at Dreddcon too...

Oddboy

Last night I did the TCR rounds... Comic Showcase, FP & Comicana.
Showcase & FP both had Button Man & Vermin Stars, Showcase had Hewligan's Haircut.
Comicana doesn't really have a GN section.

No where had Necronauts.

The Vermin Stars book does look fantastic. Same cover as last weeks prog though I notice. Guess that's why she was dressed differently inside the prog from the cover.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Matt

Get yourself down to Waterstones. The one in Leeds has all the 2000AD graphic novels currently available, including a shed load of Necronauts.

Byron Virgo

If you're in London, Forbidden Planet (the new Shaftsbury Avenue one) has copies of Button Man and Vermin Stars, but has sold out of Necronauts. This is basically the same case in Comics Showcase, Orbital, Gosh, Comicana, Mega City etc. However, if you go to Waterstones, Blackwells or Books Etc, either on Charring Cross road or Oxford Street, they should have copies of Necronauts. Book shops seem to have more copies than comic shops, in fact - even the Books Etc in the O2 Center Finchley Road has a few copies.

Oddboy

I couldn't find it in Books Etc on Oxford Street (down the Bond St side of Oxford Circus) or in Boarders on Oxford Street either.

Better set your phaser to stun.

The Monarch

Art

After giving up hope of ever seeing a Necronauts GN in an actual shop I wandered into Books Etc on Finchley Road (the one in the Warner Village complex) and there were four of them, just sitting right there on the shelf!

Very nice too. Extremely glossy.

JamieB

Extras like that are going to be included on a when-I-can-get-hold-of-'em basis; not everyone sketches, let alone does the prep work that Mark Harrison does...!

J-Bo-1

JamieB

Remember you can always order these books through the web shop for speedy delivery!

Next year, it should be a good deal easier to get hold of 2000AD books, though. More details soonish!

J-Bo-1

JamieB

David - unfortunately, YOUNG DEATH is unlikely to appear until early next year, as our printers have been having problems with it ? I'll keep you posted as best I can.

J-Bo-1

dweezil2

On a related subject.Any chance of an update on the webshop? Want to order Button Man and Dredd vs Aliens, but still no sign of them in the shop.
Cheers, Dweezil
Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo