Main Menu

X-Men first class- first image

Started by Richmond Clements, 18 January, 2011, 08:00:51 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

the shutdown man

Some more, definitely official pics are up, it's all polonecks and big collars. I like it:

http://www.empireonline.com/news/story.asp?NID=29934
You're at the precipice Tony, of an enormous crossroads.

JOE SOAP

Goaty

Mrpepperami

Is this film set in the same timeline as the others??? As the ages don't look like they make much sense. As Emma frost was in wolverine as teen and magneto age would be older surely.

vzzbux

Drokking since 1972

Peace is a lie, there's only passion.
Through passion, I gain strength.
Through strength I gain power.
Through power, I gain victory.
Through victory, my chains are broken.

Buddy

I've got a bad feeling about this.

Misanthrope

Quotewith scriptwriters including Jonathan Ross's wife Jane Goldman

God, I hate it when they write that.

This looks as rubbish as Wolverine.
Did you know Christ was a werewolf?

radiator

QuoteIs this film set in the same timeline as the others??? As the ages don't look like they make much sense. As Emma frost was in wolverine as teen and magneto age would be older surely.

Well, the Dead Pool film and the next Wolverine film are both ignoring X Men Origins: Wolverine, so I don't see why First Class will be any different!

Mardroid

Yeah. The other films have also mixed things up a bit. For example both Ice Man and Angel were founding members of the X-Men in the comics (I think). In the films they're kids!

I wasn't sure of putting Emma Frost in a sixties setting... but looking at that those pictures, and considering the Hellfire club, etc, I think it could work well.

TordelBack

Quote...superheroine Emma Frost, a mutant telepath ... who can shapeshift into the form of a diamond.

'Watch out, Toad, she's turning into a rhombus!'

Oh I know what they mean, but do they?

radiator

QuoteYeah. The other films have also mixed things up a bit. For example both Ice Man and Angel were founding members of the X-Men in the comics (I think). In the films they're kids!

I'm talking about the films contradicting each other, not the films contradicting the comics.

the shutdown man

Wolverine didn't make a whole lot of sense continuity-wise anyway (or in any other way), so they'd probably be wise to ignore it.

TordelBack

Quote from: the shutdown man on 21 January, 2011, 11:44:41 AM
Wolverine didn't make a whole lot of sense continuity-wise anyway (or in any other way), so they'd probably be wise to ignore it.

Wise words in any context.

the shutdown man

radiator