Main Menu

X-Men: First Class - Final Trailer

Started by Goaty, 27 April, 2011, 07:49:43 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

JOE SOAP

That poster's another mess, how many fakkin' elements are they tring to shoehorn, they must be going for the record.

radiator

That is indeed a very naff poster. It's two different ideas awkwardly fused together - evidence of too many art directors/execs sticking their oar in. If they had more imagination/faith in the project, they would be doing a full scale ad campaign more along the lines of these rather good covers that Total Film commissioned:

willthemightyW

Looking forward to this, i dont think these are spoilers because you see them in the traielr, and you might have noticed it, but I'm assuming [spoiler] that the red guy who teleports in the trailer is nightcrawlers dad, and the shot of mystique in bed may have been after she did the dirty with him. Also if you look at the shot of angel something or other (the girl with wings), in the first shot she has tattoos on her shoulders that llok like nets, and no wings, in the second shot her wings are out and she has no tattoos, I'm guessing the tattoos are her way of concealing the wings, also in her shot with wings she is topless and you can see xavier and Erik (magneto, although most of you probably know that) on a bed watching her drinking scotch, I'm guessing that this is the hellfire club, and you then also see sebastien shaw next to emma frost[/spoiler] and it looks like beast is gonna have a bigger role in this, and banshee! this makes the nerd in me happy, hell, this makes me happy!
They say you need to spend money to make money, well I've never made any money so by that logic I've never spent any.

Hoagy

I love that 60's style artwork. So paint-scrapey.
"bULLshit Mr Hand man!"
"Man, you come right out of a comic book. "
Previously Krombasher.

https://www.deviantart.com/fantasticabstract

Goaty

Goaty

TordelBack

I know I'll regret saying this... but those last two make it look pretty damn cool.

radiator

I reckon this will be the best superhero movie of the year - everyone seems to have forgotten that this is the team that made Kick-Ass. If First Class has half the energy of that film, it will be a blast.

Goaty

On Darkhorizons.com;
QuoteThough full reviews won't be coming out until later this week (mine will hopefully be up before the weekend), early word on "X-Men: First Class" is that it may not only be the best in the franchise, but the best Marvel movie to date.

Drew McWeeny of Hitfix has been very outspoken of Fox's handling of the franchise in the past, and with good reason. Here though, he says "I am happier overall with "X-Men: First Class" than with any other film released so far in the "X-Men" franchise... This is ground zero, and I think Fox just got it right, really right, in a way I can't say it feels like they have on any of their Marvel films so far." He also professes his love for all things Michael Fassbender - sigh, I know that feeling all too well.

Hitfix's own editor, Greg Ellwood, is a man whose cinematic taste I admire a lot and is certainly no over eager fanboy when it comes to comic movies. His reaction? "Even better than Spider-Man 2, Iron Man or any Marvel movie so far in my opinion. Ambitious, smart and when it's good, it's very good. Not Nolan level though."

Bleeding Cool raved about James McAvoy's performance and says the film "contains some of the briskest and most efficient storytelling I've seen in any recent blockbuster," though admits some of the minor characters "get short shrift" like Riptide, Azazel, Darwin and Moira McTaggart to a lesser extent.

radiator

Sounds very promising, but there's one thing bugging me.

Anyone else heard that Take That are doing a song for the First Class soundtrack that will play over the end credits?

I remember that Mika did a song for Kick-Ass - complete with a kitsch video that was based on the movie - you know, the way they used to do with blockbuster film tie-in songs in the 1990s - and assumed at the time that it was some sort of contractual thing that was foisted on Vaughn by the studio, but evidently it was his choice. Seems odd that someone as smart and talented as Vaughn could have such a poor taste musically but there you go.

Also: Drew McWeeny - nerdiest name ever?

radiator

First reviews are coming in, and the general feeling seems to be that first class is the best marvel film to date, and the best superhero movie this side of nolan's batfilms. This is shaping up to be a brilliant year for summer blockbusters.

Spaceghost

I haven't really been interested in this up til now but it seems like it might actually be good.
Raised in the wild by sarcastic wolves.

Previously known as L*e B*tes. Sshhh, going undercover...

James Stacey

Me too. I quite enjoyed the first X film, the second was a passable diversion and the third dull. Not seen Wolvie. I've no vested interest in the characters and little knowledge of them. If it's as good as the buzz though. I'll be seeing this for definite.