Main Menu

Sci-Fi Special 2018 - Cover

Started by I, Cosh, 08 June, 2018, 02:01:50 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

I, Cosh

Was going to resurrect the previous thread, but it turned out to be filled with pages of pestilence and bile so here's a new one.

No idea who Tula Lotay is, but that's an absolutely cracking cover.

Story on Down the Tubes
We never really die.

IndigoPrime

It's a really good cover. Both of them are. It'd be interesting to see some interior art from Tula Lotay, if she and the Prog can make something work.

JamesC

It's an awesome cover - amazing colours.

broodblik

When I die, I want to die like my grandfather who died peacefully in his sleep. Not screaming like all the passengers in his car.

Old age is the Lord's way of telling us to step aside for something new. Death's in case we didn't take the hint.

Jim_Campbell

More than a touch of the PJs in that Dredd, I feel...
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Tjm86

It was a bit of a no-brainer when this was first announced but the more I see, the more stoked I am to get my grubby little paws on it.  Special ordered from the shop but I think I'll have to pick up a copy in the high street to encourage them to keep on stocking.

CalHab

Brilliant cover. More Tula Lotay in the prog, please!

Leigh S

This is great - quite a retro feel to the painted style that makes it feel very sci-fi special/ Brit comic of old in general

dweezil2

Quote from: I, Cosh on 08 June, 2018, 02:01:50 PM
Was going to resurrect the previous thread, but it turned out to be filled with pages of pestilence and bile so here's a new one.

No idea who Tula Lotay is, but that's an absolutely cracking cover.

Story on Down the Tubes

She did a fantastic Anderson portrait for the 2000AD Vice Press series of prints too!

Savalas Seed Bandcamp: https://savalasseed1.bandcamp.com/releases

"He's The Law 45th anniversary music video"
https://youtu.be/qllbagBOIAo

TordelBack

Incredibly good cover, top marks from the grimy end of the jury.  I'm really delighted to see we're getting a summer special this year, I'd somehow imagined that this year's scrotnig FCBD Prog was an either/or situation.  How much more output can Tharg wring from his poor droids in one year...!

sheridan

Looking forward to it even more (nah, that's not possible, looking forward to it equally as much!)

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: TordelBack on 08 June, 2018, 05:07:51 PM
How much more output can Tharg wring from his poor droids in one year...!

Well, he's got the women doing this one, so he's probably paying them less.

*DUCKS*
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Dandontdare

I'm liking that cover a lot.

Excellent Dredd,, and i like the yellow swooshes, but Anderson is too young - to be fair almost everyone does this - she's a veteran judge aged 50+ but she always seems to be drawn young and sexy. (If she's illustrating a 'young Anderson' flashback story, I take it all back)

Taryn Tailz

I don't usually go for posters, but the one included here is terrific.

AlexF

Not sure how much they've kept it up in-story, but I remember an Anderson tale from years ago in which it was suggested that she wears a wig and, to an extent, sexes up as part of her uniform. Basically, it's an excuse to let artists draw her how they want I guess?

Back on topic - cracking cover, would support seeing more work by this artist in 2000AD!