Main Menu

Getting Tired of Sage-Pay....

Started by ThryllSeekyr, 19 March, 2015, 10:58:02 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ThryllSeekyr

At first I never wanted to use this method as I only ever wanted to rely on this type of payment.

Anyway, I can't use the current method for paying right now and would love to use Pay-Pal, but it doesn't work that way.

Right now it just declined my bank card and asks me now to either try again or use another method of paying.

Not sure if this means another card (Which I don't have!) or what?

Is there away I can get Pay-Pal to send money to sage pay?

ThryllSeekyr

How fucking hard would it be for Sage-Pay to suddenly merge with Pay Pal.

The Enigmatic Dr X

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 March, 2015, 10:58:02 PM

At first I never wanted to use this method as I only ever wanted to rely on this type of payment.

M'kay
Lock up your spoons!

Banners

Quote from: ThryllSeekyrHow fucking hard would it be for Sage-Pay to suddenly merge with Pay Pal.

Well, Sage have a market cap of around 5,672.50M GBP, and PayPal are part of eBay, who have a market cap of 70,338.18M USD. So,eBay could afford to buy Sage and merge with them, but it would probably take a while and, when it came to working out all the details, it would, indeed, be quite fucking hard.

That's what you meant, right?

;-)

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: The Enigmatic Dr X on 07 May, 2015, 05:27:47 PM
Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 19 March, 2015, 10:58:02 PM

M'kay

Yes, it's not wise to use more than one method of payment on the net. Even using Pay-Pal alternatively with my Westpac Debit MasterCard is not so good. I should really just stick to using the former method of buying things online and then I started purchasing things here. I had to  add my card details to Sage-Pay which are not so widely known. To me at least, but I have been using them. It's not wise to been add my personal details to many different web-sites, because it merely increase my chances having my bank account hacked, completely emptied or just shared with some hackers.

I think the latter is what has been happening.

The other problem,  my own bank now want to see me in  person with about 100 hundred points worth of identification to properly identify myself before they can fix my other problem. The one I had with using Sage-Pay to get this weeks Prog.

If this might help me other problem those sometime very small unauthorised purchases have ben made behind my back, great stuff and even better if I could get all that money back, but......

This has been the second or third time I had to get my account unlocked here over the last few years and this was the first time they required me to come in and see them to get it fixed as far as I recall. Despite the prospect of getting those other problems sorted out, it still bother me.

It's long walk into town, and the front door doesn't even lock at the moment. I don't like leaving the house for long periods of time for that reason.

I could go on and on here about my personal problems concerning my living arrangements with my dad and my money problems. He's upset I haven't payed him any board.

I'm upset about disappearance of articles of clothing when I need them and namely the absence of that Slaine-Beanie which has now put me on edge. I got upset let my father know about what I perceived as people being allowed to come into the house while we were asleep or otherwise distracted and movie stuff around or just take it. I was told off and we come to blows and then my father had to go into hospital over night and we came back, brother who's Muppy (Matured Urban Professional) tuned up to sort us out.   Where I was found to mentally incompetent (Mildly Schizo...now you all know!)  and diabetic. Neither of which I have been taking meds for  some time now. I only co-operated because my older brother dropped fifty dollar note into my hand asked me to go to the head-shrink my doctor had sent me to and this had been going on for a couple off years. There were other things that I had to do, other things going on that ate into my personal enviroment and life as well and that was the way it was from the beginning of 2010 (Some of you may have noticed my lack of presence on the message board around about that time!) to the beginning of 2013 when I had suddenly developed the mental fortitude to say enough was enough and I'm not going to do this anymore. I just couldn't handle being told by this medical professional and my folks that I was only imagining the personal intrusions into my home.

They still occur, but not as much. The disappearance of favoured or just essential clothing is particully annoying.

I had to replace my Horslips - The Tain music cd after it disappeared. 

I even reordered my Slough Feg - Travellar cd after it did the dame and then it reappeared and I now had two.

The same thing occurred with my copy of Ace Trucking - Volume Two (One of the phone book editions!) did the same thing and I ordered another and when it arrived I noticed the first one was either put back on the shelf or I never noticed it when I as looking for it. I was annoyed at the time!

Articles of clothing like my Grey - Ug - Boots (They have disappeared twice and returned only after I let my father know!) and that beanie have disappeared  (Twice as well!) and now I noticed that my Center-Link-Health-Care card left my wallet. I use this for identification purposes and getting some public services at half-price. Without that I have no chance of proving my identity to get that other buisness fixed. My G.P wouldn't even sign the referee papers I needed to get my car licence renewed even though my near geriatric father still has his. My doctor tells me that people with my condition are not considered worthy of being behind the wheel of anything.

I find this lack of support from the Government all quite daunting and now that I feel less welcome around here. I may take step back from here and leave for a long while. It's not going to be easy, because this place has been my home away from home for early 10 years.

It's been made obvious to me (From you's and I notice it myself as well!) that I do ramble on a lot and often go off the original topic wether it be my own of somebody else's. My own personal brand of humour has been found to be unacceptable and sometimes not even understood. Which is kind of weird considering how subversive I thought 200AD Magazine was when I first discovered it at the tender age of 14. in 1986.....

So, some time, maybe when the current run of Slaine has ended. I will stop posting here. Even when I I find it irrassistable not to. I will try not to lurk as well. I will keep buying the graphic novels I like and I have just brought up all the digital versions of Slaine and Nemesis the Warlock and one of the first A.B.C. Warriors G.N.s painted by C. Lanely.  and occasional Progs. Especially when Slaine is in the run. There is also the project I said might been working on. I will return to give everybody links to finished product when and if I do that. Yet until the current run of Slaine ends...

I bid everyone here Good-Bye... there were good times, we had our moments, or at least I did and there were times when people failed to understand me and got offended. The hole this will leave in my life will be hard to fill and I never really understood what was meant by calling me the Mayor.

Link Prime

Richmond Clements

Banners

Broadly speaking, we're all here to help. On the few occasions I have taken the mick, I apologise if you have not taken it that way. The board will be very different without you - don't be gone too long :-)

Buttonman

You should take the 'Mayor' as a term of endearment - a safe set of hands, a custodian, one we can rely upon. I know that's what I wanted when my candidacy went cruelly ignored!

Don't become one of the any familiar faces who have disappeared. You'll never please everyone but that's true of the internet the whole web over.

ThryllSeekyr

Quote from: Richmond Clements on 08 May, 2015, 10:54:59 AM
I hope his dad stays safe...

I don't wish to hurt my father if possible, but I guess you don't understand my predicament. A lot of people don't.

Anyway, the last time we came to blows, I gave him a shove and he fell over, and then I backed off......that was it.

Theblazeuk

ThryllSeekyr

Did you know that some of the side effects of these pills are harmful to my health in other respects and also cause the growth of breasts.

Fungus

I suggest they are possible side-effects, not guaranteed ?
If there are known side-effects and you were still prescribed them, your condition sounds more serious and as people have said, take them.

Dark Jimbo

Quote from: ThryllSeekyr on 08 May, 2015, 09:00:49 AM
...there were good times, we had our moments, or at least I did and there were times when people failed to understand me and got offended. The hole this will leave in my life will be hard to fill and I never really understood what was meant by calling me the Mayor.

As the chap who first suggested you as a mayoral candidate, I find exquisitely funny that you never really understood what was going on, and shows why you were the perfect fella for the job.

I think a long break from the board could perhaps be a good thing for you, Thryll, but don't stay away for ever! Adieu instead of goodbye.
@jamesfeistdraws

Richmond Clements

QuoteI think a long break from the board could perhaps be a good thing for you, Thryll, but don't stay away for ever! Adieu instead of goodbye.

Don't worry, he returned a few hours later.