Main Menu

Tranformers : War for Cybertron

Started by bluemeanie, 03 August, 2010, 10:04:16 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

bluemeanie

I think the best thing I can say about this is that I know sod all about Transformers outside of the movies, and I'm still loving this game

Design is arsom and it makes a nice change to play a fighting game like this which is all about running forward and kicking arse as opposed to duck and cover

and the boss battles really feel epic
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=k6W4h4Jd0jg

fun stuff. Been taking my time with it... have finished the Decepticon levels and now onto the Autobots ones. Just had a cool vehicle stage where they are literally destroying the city around you which had jumps that actually gave a me slight vertigo lurches at some points.

Radbacker

been meaning to pick this up, I've heard good things and you confirm them.
I'm a big Transformers fan of both the old cartoon (the real one from the 80's) and the movies so I really should have this already but there's so many good games at the moment and I like to finish games now before i buy a new one (i used just buy everything i wanted but found games didn't get played enough or at all in some cases so I've cut back).
On Starcraft 2 at the moment and MArio Galaxy 2 is next in line then I might grab this (prby be even cheaper by then)

CU Radbacker

bluemeanie

After two hours I am now back at the bit I was before I retardedly pressed "Start chapter" as opposed to "start checkpoint" at a death

:P  MONNNNGG!

Professor Bear

Loved this.  It's probably the least Transformers-y of all the Transformers games in that it requires no previous knowledge of the franchise, yet it's also probably the only one to fully take advantage of the different forms your robot can take and use them for something other than moving across terrain slightly faster or slower.

Fans of the cartoon are probably best served, as the sheer amount of references and in-jokes place the game as a prequel to the animated universe rather than the movies, but most of the references will slip past those not aware of what the Ark is, or where the universal greeting first appeared.
it's good fun, and the final boss is a total hoot.

bluemeanie

I do feel a little like Im missing out on JUST how cool a lot of the story is, not knowing the characters inside out, but its still a cracking story and like the Prof said, the transforming is actually a tactic rather than a gimmick.
Great stuff.