Main Menu

Current TV Boxset Addiction

Started by radiator, 20 November, 2012, 02:23:29 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Hawkmumbler

Started on channel 4's Utopia today. Ever wanted to see a 2000AD serial in television format? This is it. Only one episode in, so i'm not gonna give a full opinion yet. But it's good. Very good.

Oh, and did Bolt get royalties for that FutureQuake cameo?! :lol:

Fungus

Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 August, 2014, 11:20:42 PM
Started on channel 4's Utopia today. Ever wanted to see a 2000AD serial in television format? This is it. Only one episode in, so i'm not gonna give a full opinion yet. But it's good. Very good.

Which series, 1 or 2? Both start with incredibly promising episodes.
Followed by some ultra-violence to shock.
And I didn't make the end of either  :(
Tried both series twice - just in case.

Mind you baling out is becoming pretty common. That WAS The Honourable Woman about anyway?  :|

Frank

Quote from: Fungus on 29 August, 2014, 12:36:31 AM
What WAS The Honourable Woman about anyway?

It was about four or five episodes too long.

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: Fungus on 29 August, 2014, 12:36:31 AM
Quote from: Hawkmonger on 28 August, 2014, 11:20:42 PM

Which series, 1 or 2? Both start with incredibly promising episodes.
Followed by some ultra-violence to shock.
And I didn't make the end of either  :(
Tried both series twice - just in case.

Mind you baling out is becoming pretty common. That WAS The Honourable Woman about anyway?  :|
Series 1. Uktra-violence i'm fine with so long as it isn't at the expense of a story.

Devons Daddy

House of cards (yank version) outstanding just watched season 2
Yes losing the original path now of course but still outstanding stuff.

I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Colin YNWA

Finished The Wire Season 2 and it is as good as people say. Absolutely loving the series. Glad they've sorted the whole 'Getting the band back together' thing boxed off as that was just about the only downside to this season. Brilliant stuff, even if the cop element is increasingly a sideshow.

Link Prime

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 September, 2014, 06:07:08 AM
Finished The Wire Season 2 and it is as good as people say. Absolutely loving the series.

You still have Season 3 to watch for the first time.
How I envy you.

Colin YNWA

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 September, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
How I envy you.

Yeah I'm quite excited about it. My guess is and this is just speculation so please don't confirm or deny anything - we're in for a clash between Omar and Stringer, depending on where he's at Barksdale might get in the mix too.

Goaty

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 September, 2014, 12:38:56 PM
Yeah I'm quite excited about it. My guess is and this is just speculation so please don't confirm or deny anything - we're in for a clash between Omar and Stringer, depending on where he's at Barksdale might get in the mix too.

OOOh so you in for a big ride for Season 3 ;)

I, Cosh

Quote from: The Cosh on 04 August, 2014, 09:58:30 PM
Finally getting round to watching the last series of Breaking Bad. I really didn't think it could get any more ridiculous after the end of the fourth but Jesus Christ! It keeps me watching, but I just can't seem to balance the dramatic side with the ludicrous A Team stuff.
Made it to the end at last. I've probably been overly critical of some aspects of this programme so I better say that the second half of the last series is by far the best it's been and almost reaches the heights some of the more overheated fans make for it. The work put in to doing something with the likes of Hank and Skylar really paid off towards the end.

The finale itself kind of encapsulated the show for me: annoying callback to the start of the series, some genuinely dramatic bits and one final credulity-stretching Macguyvering.
We never really die.

Tiplodocus

EXTANT on Lovefilm.

Primarily because Halle Berry is one of my laminates but it's a great opening episode even if it seems like "SOLARIS meets AI the TV series".
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Devons Daddy

Due to the overwhelming vote of WOW and positive comments i just downloaded BUFFY
the singing episode.

about to sit and watch it now,
I like/d buffy and simply did not catch this show at the time and have yet to catch up on this particlar season.
so ITUNES now has my groats.

hoping to join you all in its celebration in an hour
I AM VERY BUSY!
PJ Maybe and I use the same dictionary, live with it.

NO 2000ad no life!

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: Devons Daddy on 04 September, 2014, 02:44:35 PM
Due to the overwhelming vote of WOW and positive comments i just downloaded BUFFY
the singing episode.

I don't think you're seeing it in its ideal context — one of the reasons it's such a great episode (apart from coming up with a logical, story-consistent rationale for the whole musical shtick and then doing it really well) is that's a really important episode within the context of all the ongoing story/character arcs of that season. Without that, I suspect it's really just going to be a bunch of songs.

Cheers

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

Proudhuff

Quote from: Link Prime on 01 September, 2014, 11:21:06 AM
Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 01 September, 2014, 06:07:08 AM
Finished The Wire Season 2 and it is as good as people say. Absolutely loving the series.

How I envy you.

Indeed
DDT did a job on me

The Enigmatic Dr X

The Wire lasted 15 minutes in our house. I don't have time to waste on "getting through the first season" of a programme. Sorry.
Lock up your spoons!