Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

ming

Quote from: Greg M. on 08 July, 2011, 09:52:04 PM
Quote from: Pete Wells on 08 July, 2011, 09:46:24 PM
QuoteI owe you big time for this, Pete - ticks an important box for me, this one.

A pleasure sir! It was hard to let it go but it was worth it for those photos of you in the bath...

I'd long suspected this was the secret of ming's collection... but now I wonder if Pete trades his own special tub-time snaps to pay for all those commissions?  ;)

Oh Noes!  My secret's out!  Luckily, a strategically positioned loofah protects my modesty in most pics.  In my defence, I was young and needed the money.

By comparison, the number of art droids with compromising pics of Pete must, by now, be staggering.

:D

ming

I've been busy updating my CAF gallery with direct scans rather than photos of my 2000AD art... If anyone's interested, please take a look; I really wanted to do the artwork justice.  All done except a Gibson and a McCarthy page, but there's Ron Smith, Ewins, Dillon, Belardinelli, Fabry, Ezquerra, Wilson, Redondo, McMahon, Talbot plus more Gibson and McCarthy in there (along with a few ooooold sketches by the likes of Liam Sharp, Fabry and Yeowell).

:)

http://www.comicartfans.com/GalleryDetail.asp?GCat=48189

Spikes

Quote from: Alex on 17 April, 2011, 12:18:15 PM
I picked up these two at UKCAC in the early 90's

That is sweet, possibly my alltime favourite cover for the apocalypse war. mega congrats, :D

Spikes

Emperor

if I went 'round saying I was an Emperor just because some moistened bint had lobbed a scimitar at me, they'd put me away!

Fractal Friction | Tumblr | Google+

Spikes

hi, yes i bought these a while ago. you can see all the other pages in the story if you follow the link to my 2000ad art.

Steven Sterlacchini

That story and the other McMahon artwork in the 81 and 82 Dredd annuals is some of my favourite ever.

Amazing to see a complete story as good as that all in one place.

Glad it stayed together. It would be nice to see in an exhibition or something.

The close ups on CAF are very interesting.

ming

(Never mind - I see you fixed it!)

Iain, don't forget to use the Imgur 'message board' links with the square brackets if you want the image to show up directly (or just paste the link and use the 'image' icon when you create the post.

Spikes

Quote from: ming on 25 July, 2011, 05:50:02 PM
(Never mind - I see you fixed it!)

Iain, don't forget to use the Imgur 'message board' links with the square brackets if you want the image to show up directly (or just paste the link and use the 'image' icon when you create the post.

thanks david! despite your clear instructions, it still took me three attempts to post a picture, :-[

Mangamax

A cracker indeed.
And a good excuse to show off this from the Carl Critchlow sequel:

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Spikes

Quote from: Minty on 25 July, 2011, 05:15:15 PM
That story and the other McMahon artwork in the 81 and 82 Dredd annuals is some of my favourite ever.
Amazing to see a complete story as good as that all in one place.
Glad it stayed together. It would be nice to see in an exhibition or something.

yep, those first two JD annuals are mega classic's and a real favourites of mine. To have some art from them is frankly mind blowing.

perhaps rufus needs to do another artwork exhibition?

Spikes

So good they banned it.......

...and a closer look at everyones favourite Matchbox toy.

Dandontdare

aw man, an original page from the banned episodes - that's a real collector's item. And those colour Pinboing pages are incredible. Colour me jealous.

Mangamax

Tiny compared to the fullpages on show here, but this is probably my favourite of all my Carl Critchlow single panels - the swift kick to the nadgers to stop a problem dead perfectly summing up the humour of Dredd IMO

The perspective on that chairs all wrong

Fatboydale

my page by Brendan McCarthy , this is massive ....not sure if it was published ??