Main Menu

2000AD ONLINE CHARITY AUCTION!!!

Started by wampa, 28 July, 2006, 05:09:42 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Rex Banner

I honestly hope I can afford to keep it all, not sure how or where yet.

I do have a wedding to plan in the future so I may have to sell some of it at a later date. Just have to wait & see.

Buddy

If and when you sell some pages for your wedding fund, you've got a buyer for some pages right here. Just give me a heads up when the time comes.

Oddboy

Yeah... let us know if you don't want 'em!!

I won the Bogie Man book... everything else I wanted got too high for me.
Better set your phaser to stun.

Pete Wells

Ggggr I?m on my hollys in Ibiza and I?ve been jumping on the net any time I can to bid. I got beat by a quid on two of the auctions (a Henry Flint and the Bison cover!)

Well done everyone who won (ye bastards:))

Pete (sunburnt loser!)  

WoD

Didn't get anything...never mind.  Nearly bid big last night on the Mandroid stuff, but the wine/wallet ratio was in the wallet favour...shame!

opaque

Well I'm happy the Mandroid went to a proper fan as well.
Not far off your top price was I Matthewvic? How much were you willing to go to?
I'm getting a bonus from work so I bid to the minimum I'm know I'm going to get from that but obvious not enough and I might have to wait a couple of months to get the bonus.
You know you're going to have to post pics of the big pile when you get them!

Thinking of it though, and I just realised this, I already have 43 pages of Kevin Walkers Sin City!

I am however soon getting a plan chest for my collection so it'll be loads safer and flat rather than being in art cases propped up under my table!

Rex Banner

I bid high early thinking that if somebody wanted them they would bid over the weekend & was completely surprised nobody else bid.

As for my top bid, lets just say the fiancee wasn't too pleased when she saw it.

Buddy

As for my top bid, lets just say the fiancee wasn't too pleased when she saw it.

Just tell her that if you sold them at ?20 a page (which you could easily do) you'd get almost ?1500 back.

Not a bad investment.

Oh, and a very big thankyou should go to Kev Walker for donating the set, so from all at the board (especially mattewvic) THANK YOU!!!

Rex Banner

Yes, many thanks, Mr Walker, rest assured they will be well looked after.

& a big round of appaulse for a job well done to everyone who contributed to the auction.

Trout

I got the Family book, which I'm pleased about, as I've been meaning to re-read it in one go.
I had a go at some of the art, but it was never going to happen. :-)

I'd be interested to hear the total raised, as I would estimate it would be in the region of a grand.

Cheers, and well done to the fund-raisers!

- Trout

Rex Banner

?3449.14.

Bearing in mind I've had a long day and have just done that in my head!

Not too shabby.

Trout

You're joking!

Bloody well done!

- Trout

Trout

If you're having trouble accessing the website with the address given,

Link: https://www.everychild.org.uk/secure/donate%20now" target="_blank">try here

Oddboy

I got the Family book, which I'm pleased about, as I've been meaning to re-read it in one go.
I had a go at some of the art, but it was never going to happen. :-)

Yeah, knocked me out of the Family book auction, oh evil fishy one.

Bah!
Better set your phaser to stun.

Sinister Vegas

Managed to get the D'Israeli art which I'm well chuffed with as a big fan of Leviathan. Thought the Henry Flint stuff might go for more seeing as I spent almost double obtaining a page of ABC Warriors at Artdroids. Still well done whoever got it.