Main Menu

Thought Bubble, Leeds, 15th & 16th November

Started by Bat King, 13 April, 2014, 01:32:38 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Stu101

Guys, sounds like you're going to have a blast.
For my sins I've not made it to a convention, will have to try to sort something one day. Is it the sort of thing lil ones can go to? (they are probably a bit young now- 1 and 3, but maybe in a few years)
Enjoy everyone!  :D

Timothy

My 11 year old enjoyed it today, although he lacked stamina.

Colin YNWA

Just waiting for the train back home now after a fantastic day. The highlight surely being the greatest Dredd costume every, a picture of which I hope to regale you all with in the morning. Lots of great forum folk and Future Shocked as good as I'd dared hope.

COMMANDO FORCES

Superb day, great laughs with everyone and have loads of pics of the wonderful Planet Replicas stuff, mostly of me holding them, especially all 4 McMahons.
Pete has blown everyone away with his Dredd sequel uniform, colour me interested!

Off to meet everyone in the watering hole now, left family in the hotel, I'm terrible sometimes.

Also heard there was a battle of the 2000 AD Goliaths. Fisticuffs at dawn......

Hawkmumbler

Just waiting for my train and what a lovely day that was. Great to finally meet so many forumites at last, highlight once again being Pete Well's costume. Loved all the little dtpetails such as the barcode. :lol:

Jim_Campbell

Quote from: COMMANDO FORCES on 15 November, 2014, 09:14:02 PM
Also heard there was a battle of the 2000 AD Goliaths. Fisticuffs at dawn...

Why, yes, because a fat, belligerent idiot taking an online grievance into the real world by attempting to intimidate people going about their legitimate business before actually laying hands on someone over a dispute over online behaviour is clearly a matter suitable for a jolly quip.

Your priorities, sir, are fucked up beyond belief.

Jim
Stupidly Busy Letterer: Samples. | Blog
Less-Awesome-Artist: Scribbles.

COMMANDO FORCES

Dear me, you must've been there to witness who laid hands on who first!

Ghost MacRoth

Quote from: Jim_Campbell on 15 November, 2014, 10:27:55 PM
actually laying hands on someone over a dispute over online behaviour is clearly a matter suitable for a jolly quip.

Depends on who's getting slapped I suppose. ;)

I don't have a drinking problem.  I drink, I get drunk, I fall over.  No problem!

Colin YNWA

The battle of two 2000ad goliaths.

Bolland couldn't do it as well as Pete Wells and Dandontdare.

You had to be there to know quite how brilliant Pete's Dredd custom was, but thanks to a plastic chicken "I am the LAW" will never have the same resonance...

Colin YNWA

Richmond Clements

Only warning - play nice or I hand out automatic bans.

COMMANDO FORCES

Pete's uniform was even more hilarious when he said the immortal line "I am the Law" as he pressed his eagle, which squawked "Law" To top it all off, on top of his lid he kept the bar code. Truly inspired :lol:

Hawkmumbler

Pete does get points deducted for having his knee pads and elbow pads being different colours.

Bat King

Great to meet more Forumites this weekend.

One of my highlights was Douglas Wolk recognising me & taking the trouble to introduce himself. Was really nice chatting with him.
Blog
http://judgetutorsemple.wordpress.com/

Twitter
@chiropterarex

Fungus

Quote from: Bat King on 16 November, 2014, 05:40:39 PM
Great to meet more Forumites this weekend.

Yeah, same here too (including Bat).

On train home now, picked up some lovely swag and travelling light was a good plan. Decided against more books on Sunday, pragmatism kicked in (...bloody pragmatism). 4 talks/panels, highlight probably the 2000ad portfolio judging today. 5 droids commenting on the entries really fascinating. Worthy winner  :)