Main Menu

Megazine 4.18/200

Started by paulvonscott, 18 November, 2002, 07:14:28 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

paulvonscott

I should point out that Paul Von Scott is a registered trademark of BoloxCo (the biggest manufacturers of wholesale bollocks in Britain) and has been used by Rebellion without permission, there could be legal action.  Though as it doesn't say Arse or even Orse after it, I'm sure that they'll let it slide.

Needless to say I've enjoyed this Middenface a lot and glad to see it will be back.  Radlander was a mixture of gruesome and moving, Bendatti's finished and over all was okay, great art, but the story was a bit wobbly.  TPO good again, enjoyed the surprisingly simple Rogue Story from Moore.  Blah de blah blah blah.

Tiplodocus

Not as gobsmackingly good as some of the recent issues but still very enjoyable.  I wasn't quite expecting that ending to SCARLET TRACES though.

Glad I'm a subscriber.
Be excellent to each other. And party on!

Tiplodocus

Oh and I missed you getting your name in lights? Where was it?

paulvonscott

Yeah, Scarlet Traces (which I've just finished) did end unpredictably, and was all the better for it.  Definitely left it open for another series, though whether we'll ever see such a thing, who can say.  Certainly with the warnings from the Martian that there are worse things out there, its possible.  Anyway, liked it, glad to have had the opportunity to read it.

DavidXBrunt

Discovered the names on my second read through, in the middle of Warrington Bus Station. Laughed like a loon and got stared at. Made my day.

paulvonscott

Tiploidium, try the first page of Middenface.  I never asked for it mind you.

I never asked.

2000AD Online

now this i really am looking foward to see

Tiplodocus

I was originally looking at the Durham Red strip because, given the contents, I'd assumed you'd be hidden somewhere in there.

But you even got to be in a good story!Outstanding! And well done to all the Boarders covered.  So either Alan Grant or Dylan Teague is a regular visitor to the board then?

"That Middenface story is the best story in the world ever..."

2000AD Online

Leigh S

SPOILERS
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
'
Nice to have used the same cell as young McNulty - and glad I didnt share it!  McN comes across as a little schizophrenic in this.  On one page hes having difficulty shooting a Kreeler who's just killed his pal(and later stating that "naebody deserves" shooting).  Next he's carrying out the most horrific punishment/torture on another mutant!

I enjoyed this story on the whole, but it did at times come across as an uneasy blend of the Beano (catapults and grannies) and Trainspotting.  Although that said, if that was the intention, its actually quite an interesting mix, it just didnt gel quite right IMO!

Scarlet Traces was great stuff - a sequel please

Bendatti: I'd just echo what others have said - unengaging.

TPO - another good installment - two things that made me laugh: Pats comments about Khaos theory (not too difficult IMO, just a bit silly) and the Clown being a vertigo pisstake.  Surely editorial must have seen that no bugger would know that?  I certainly didnt get it, and since i expect 90% of the audience hadnt ever seen a Vertigo comic, its no wonder it left most confused!  that summed up for me one of the major errors made during this period - forgetting who the audience was.

2000AD Online

wee mcnulty schitzo jings criven help me boab!!!

Trout

"Made my day."

Mine too! I guffawed and guffawed and woke up the whole block, I think, after getting home late and - I'm glad to say - reading the Meg into the wee small hours.

Many thanks to whoever was responsible. Would that be the writer, penciller or inker?

But I'm not going to lay off Bison. :-)

- Trout

2000AD Online

hmm yeah i still despise bison and i will forever and ever until my ding breath or until they decide to write wireheads three anyway

(just because they change the bloody name to parasites doesn't mean it'll be better)

DavidXBrunt

I assumed that Dylan Teague was responsible as 'Dyl' is one of us.

One of us.
One of us.
One of us.
E.t.c.

2000AD Online

one of us

one of us

one of us

hee hee catchy i like it