Main Menu

2000AD Original Art Thread

Started by J3D1, 16 May, 2010, 08:34:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Link Prime

Trifecta Page 1 arrived this week....tis a beauty to behold!

I also got a 'wishlist' Paul Marshall Tyranny Rex page from Dale, and a few others.

I'M BROKE

Spikes

Good stuff Rich! Nice to see these great Trifecta pages landing on the forum.
And nice to hear you got those other pages - youll be getting addicted!

Frank

I wasn't fussed about the art on Trifecta, but it looks really fantastic in its original monochrome form. Congratulations, Link.

MercZ

Congrats. I would so blow up that bottom panel of Dirty Frank and stick it up somewhere, just to see how people would react.

Colin YNWA

A birthday buddies and then someone who gets a Trifecta page and a Tyranny page off Dale. We're becoming as one!

Can I ask what Tyranny page you got Link Prime?

Link Prime

Cheers guys, your vindication of my reckless impulse-spending makes it all worthwhile.
And yes Iain, I'm as addicted as an Umpty-head on methadone!  :)

@ Colin- it was page 15 from Prog 857.
The pretty poor pic I've taken on my phone below doesn't do it justice.

For me, this was some of Marshall's finest work for 2000AD (excluding Firekind of course).

Spikes

And just under 30 years (gulp!) after first seeing this page, it lands at my doorstep. Very happy chappy, thats me.

Any page from Skizz would be a grail for me, but i reckon this one is my Skizz uber-grail.
Its low key, about as low key as its possible to be. And it reads, and looks, like a Brummie version of Grange Hill ! - and it doesnt even feature the title character !!, but its always been the one page that pops into my mind whenever ive thought of Skizz. And being lucky enough to now own it makes me smile.
The following page in the story was up for grabs on e-bay recently, and though i bidded a few times, i didnt have the heart to chase it, as i knew that this page was maybe up for grabs, so i stopped bidding and took the gamble.

And Jim Baikie's art is glorious up close, been well worth the wait.
Cant recall who the writer was offhand, though. Still, whoever he was, he did a good job,  ;)
(The page itself is mahoosive, so getting a decent scan and then up onto CAF may take a while)

opaque

Well done!
The Skizz stuff is so iconic isn't it :)

ming

Great stuff, Iain - really happy to see you get this one.  :thumbsup:

Colin YNWA

Of all Alan Moore's work Skizz is the one I'd love a page from. Great stuff. Love the choice too.

judda fett

Quote from: Colin_YNWA on 08 February, 2013, 07:24:54 PM
Of all Alan Moore's work Skizz is the one I'd love a page from. Great stuff. Love the choice too.

Spoke to a mate the other day who owns some Skizz pages he bought mid nineties in Birmingham. 8 quid a pop they were. Would I be correct in assuming that'd be cheap even that long ago?

malak brood

Nice page Judge Jack....canny buying!  Oh and I bet you paid slightly more than 8 quid  :lol:

Spikes

Quote from: malak brood on 08 February, 2013, 10:21:44 PM
I bet you paid slightly more than 8 quid  :lol:

Came to £10.50 with postage,  ;)

Ah, those were the days of dirt cheap pages, judda fett. £8.00 sounds, and is, a right old bargain.

Was it only a handful of years ago that Wake was selling Halo Jones pages for £30-ish? And people was moaning at that! Saying it was too high. The last page on e-bay went for, i think, £1,800?

judda fett

Cheers Judge Jack, Yup 8 quid's a bargain any day of the week. Grud knows some of you lot must be sitting on small fortunes   :o

Spikes

And my 2000th post goes to Mr Cam Kennedy!
Just recieved this from the master himself (a total pleasure to deal with, as have been all the Droids ive been in contact with).

Well, what can you say about Cam's art that hasnt already been said? But genius stuff, and he makes it all look so effortless!

Ming, or malak brood may know this story better than me, but somehow a good chunk of Cam's art ended up in the States, and then promptly went MIA.
But luckily for Cam (and us!) it all turned up again. He has a list available for what he selling, so why not drop him a line.