Main Menu

New Music thread?

Started by Goaty, 23 April, 2014, 08:45:08 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Goaty

Ooh new Music thread!

Not my area! Hehe enjoy it!

strontium71

What another pointless thread. Up there with non-review Prog thread baggers  >:(
...because I hate you.

8-Ball

What a great idea Goaty. I look forward to boring everyone with my musical recommendations. :lol:
Whatever happened to Rico, Dolman and Cadet Paris? I'm sooo out of the loop.

NapalmKev

I think the 'Music' section is a more than worthy addition to the Forum.

Cheers
"Where once you fought to stop the trap from closing...Now you lay the bait!"

Colin YNWA

Arh alas I don't get in touch with new music the way I used to. I think the last band I 'discovered' was Beth Jean Houghton and that was, what 2 years ago ... since then its returning to that old favourite of... well returning to those old favourites.

I keep hearing things on 6 Music but not getting around to following things up... I'm rubbish like that these days.

I, Cosh

We never really die.

Goaty

Heavy metal and rock is my typical ;-)

CrazyFoxMachine

Thought I'd bump this thread up to put new stuff on...

New Mastodon single out today 'Chimes at Midnight' - it's very them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6zU87xJoBk

From 'Once More 'Round the Sun' out later this month :D

ZenArcade

A very Belardinelli cover thingy  going on there. Z
Ed is dead, baby Ed is...Ed is dead

maryanddavid

Really good, screams Ron Turner on acid!

Hawkmumbler

Quote from: CrazyFoxMachine on 03 June, 2014, 08:47:13 PM
Thought I'd bump this thread up to put new stuff on...

New Mastodon single out today 'Chimes at Midnight' - it's very them.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Q6zU87xJoBk

From 'Once More 'Round the Sun' out later this month :D

All I can say if thank you for introducing me to Mastodon, CFM. Been working my way through their back catalogue but keep back tracking to all the singles I particularly like. March of the Fire Ants and Iron Tusk in particular kick serious arse. Though Curl of the Burl was a bit of a break in style (as far as I can surmise anyway) that was pretty awesome to boot.

Bobblehead

Cheers for the heads up regarding the new Mastodon single CFM. Love their first two albums ,when I first heard 'Blood Mountain' I didnt know what to think, hadnt heard anything like it before, wemt out and got their other album,cant remember name has a big white whale on the front. Cracking stuff.
     Havent heard anything from the last album as my ipods broke so havent bought any music in a couple of years, im well behind on my listening :(

CrazyFoxMachine

Two albums out yesterday - new Wo Fat stonery psych stuff that is quite agreeable and they always have rrreeealll nice art...

and a new Boris album which the genre-cats are calling atmospheric shoegazey post-rock which translates roughly as "absorbing or boring depending on your mood" - reviews have sadly been erring toward the latter although I love a bit of Boris so I'll get it eventually I imagine.

Noisybast

Continuing my recent habit of spending far too much money on PledgeMusic, I recently picked up these three wee beauties:

The Dowling Poole: Bleak Strategies

Classic English psychedelic pop-rock from Willie Dowling (Honeycrack/Jackdaw4) and Randon Jon Poole (Cardiacs/Wildhearts).
Catchy, eccentric and well worth sticking on repeat. Perfect for the summer.

Casualties of Cool: Casualties of Cool

Devin Townsend's latest musical venture is a very laid-back country rock kinda thing.
Maybe a bit too gentle for my taste, but Devin's never been one to stick to one style for
very long and his new Ziltoid album will be along soon enough to deliver the
planet-smashing terror I crave.

CJ Wildheart: Mable
Straightforward energetic pop/rock solo effort from the Wildhearts guitarist.
Less raucous than The Wildhearts, perhaps , but still excellent.
That's definitely not how you spell "Mabel", though...

Dan Dare will return for a new adventure soon, Earthlets!

Woolly