Main Menu

Alan Moore Phonebook

Started by Leigh S, 18 September, 2012, 11:10:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Leigh S

OK, while we are making suggestions for collections...

This sounds a bit wacky, but having moved house, I managed to fill an entire bookcase with my tat -  a shelf of Clark Ashton Smith and Lovecraft books, another shelf of LE Guin, GRR Martin and various carbooted Fantasy Masterworks....

and a shelf of casefiles and such... I have Ace Trucking, I have all of Slaine, Nemesis and Stront (too much Dredd to think about buying let alone displaying at this point...)   

So Im thinking what else would best round out this shelf and its dear old Alan - Watchmen is there and From Hell and V... but a big 300 pager with all of his stuff... I suppose it makes more economic sense to sell 4 books than 1... but it would be a great thing to have in one handy place.  It would be my go to book (along with the mythical Daily Star Dredd case file) for showing non-scrots what they were missing!

maryanddavid

Good idea, but what would the contents be?
Everything but Halo I'd go for. DR, Skizz, Albeard, and all the future shocks, I'd buy that.

David

Mark Taylor

I'd prefer Skizz to get it's own reprint featuring all three books. Books 2 and 3 were not written by Alan Moore and aren't as good as Book 1, but they're still worthy of reprint - something which almost certainly would not happen if Book 1 found its way into an Alan Moore phonebook collection.