Main Menu

Assassin's Creed - But which one??

Started by Bhuna, 29 November, 2012, 11:26:57 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Bhuna

I'm thinking about jumping into the world of Assassin's Creed (PS3) but as there so many versions/updates of the game, which one do I get?

Can anyone recommend a good point to jump in?

Cheers
Bhuna
twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

JamesC

The obvious answer is Assassin's Creed 2.

You get a quick explanation of the story so far at the beginning and it introduces you to Ezio, star of the following 2 installments. There's an absolute ton of stuff to do and some great characters - I'm a big fan.
My personal favourite is 'Brotherhood', the second in the Ezio trilogy.

I would advise against starting with the first game as it's very repetitive and hasn't aged brilliantly. It's still fun and has some great moments but it doesn't have the wow factor and variety of missions that the later games have.

Assassin's Creed 3 - the latest game - is very good, but the main character is slightly dull. You'd be better off playing through the Ezio games (all of which you can pick up for peanuts) and then if you still want more the latest game will be available much cheaper! 

sheldipez

Each game follows on from the last, each one has a "previously on" recap but that only recaps so much, for example Atliar's story (character in AC1) is finished in AC:Revelations; the 4th game in the series! The story is so diluted and spread across the series I don't envy anyone trying to jump onboard fresh at the stage. AC2 is probably the easiest, cheapest point, maybe read wikipedia for an overview for the prior game? As someone that's played all but AC3 I wouldn't know where to recommend you start. The first is the weakest game (it's more like a long tech demo) but some essential story in there which is referenced later games.

Good luck.

James Stacey

Bhuna

twitter.com/Bhuna1967
twitter.com/pigdogpress

Dodsy

I have tried numerous times and can just not play AC1. I just can't get into it but I heard good things about number 2 so picked up a copy on the cheap and it's brilliant!
I agree the story can get a little confussing without playing one but I've managed to follow it and if I can anyone can lol.
Twitter - @dodsy84

Chrrow

Hmm the AC series has one big story and every game is important to understand everything. AC1 has its flaws, that's for sure but the gameply is fun and the story is really interesting. Even if it gets repetetive you can get it for just a few bucks. I'd reccoment you to start with the first game and if you don't like it just remember it was their first try and gets much better with AC2.